Chapter 4

I sat there by the stream for a few minutes. I'm surprised they haven't found me here yet. I stood up from the spot I was sitting at. I look around before I start running again. I ran. I could get away if I am fast enough. I can make it to the border. But where is the border?

I wasn't watching where I was going obviously because I tripped over a stupid tree root. I went sailing through the air. I was ready for impact of the ground. But instead I was met with hands wrapping around me and hitting my head against someone's hard chest. It wasn't Quinn. Otherwise I would be able smell his blood. But I took in a wonderful sent. I can't even describe it. It was like chocolate and mint and other good things. I open my eyes slowly to have them be met with dark green ones.

I was set down on my feet. I stood there. His green orbs were burning into my red ones. He had dark brown, almost could be considered black hair. He was tall, and muscular with fair tan skin. He wore dark blue jeans and a black tee shirt. He had a serious face on until the wind started to blow. I felt the wind blow against me and toward him. His hair flowed gorgeously in the wind. I saw his eyes become darker with each passing second.

A deep throaty growl came from him. I didn't feel like he was going to rip my throat out. I didn't know what to do. My body froze. I think he may be who I think he is... Jax. From story after story he is known as a great Alpha because he earned it from the dark side of the moon, not the Moon goddess or Holo. He is feared by many werewolves even humans fear him the most. And mothers would use his story to keep their children from sneaking out at night. It did worked, but I never thought in a million years would I ever meet him.

I took a deep breath and regained my posture. I stood up straight and held up my head to show he didn't scare me. I honestly could care less about our encounter. I still couldn't explain his sent though.

"Mine." He said looking deep into my eyes. I lost it. The cool act that I had to show I wasn't afraid was gone. My eyes widen, fear filling them. I started to shake. My legs wouldn't move. I wanted to run. He backed us up against a tree. My back was pressed hard into the tree. He moved his face closer to mine. My heart started to beat faster and fill my ears. I bet he can hear how scared and nervous I am.

"Alpha! Thank goodness you got that bitch!" I heard Quinn say as he was walking toward us holding his dried up bloody broken nose. "She is a rouge and broke my fucking nose. Now lets give her punishment for trespassing and hurting me." He said as he took a spot next to Jax.

Jax growled and looked at him, "Mine. You will not lay a finger on her. If you do... I'll kill you." Jax said which caused Quinn to back up slowly. I couldn't help but smirk as I admired the dried blood on him was caused by me. Jax did nothing to me. It was quite funny.

"S-she is your mate? And our Luna?" Quinn said in a nervous surprised tone of voice.

"Yes she is. Do you have a problem with that? And if what you say is true she showed you who is boss here. She is my mate, my Luna, your Alpha." Jax said while picking me up bridal style. I blushed when he did. No one has ever held me the way he was right now. It was like he didn't want to break something made of glass. He held me close to him taking in my sent. I knew it was driving him crazy.

Quinn nods and bows his head to us. For some reason I felt like I could destroy Seta and who ever tried to kill me. I felt like I could kill the rouges that took over my pack's territory.

"What is your name?" Jax looked down at me and grinned. It was a nice look on him.

"Kokoro." I said breathing out. I wanted to kiss his perfect lips that were a nice pink. It looked good on him.

"I thought your name was Karin." Quinn said frowning.

I laugh. I told him a fake name so he wouldn't know who I am. "I lied. Sorry, but I didn't want to trust you." I smiled evilly. I like the evil side of me, but it scares others. I try to put it away. I think its from the influence Seta my Aunt had on me when I was younger.

Jax chuckled from the fake name scene. "I'm glad she trust me right off the bat then my Beta." He said smirking. I looked up at him. I watched his face. He had such a nice looking face. If we were alone and I didn't have common sense and had a wolf I would have mated with him. But I have no wolf. That's not one thing I want him to find out. I have a wolf I can shift into but that's because I am my own wolf no one else, just me. I smiled at him.

"Well let's get to the pack house and fix Quinn's nose. Then I will think of when I want to show you to our pack." Jax said walking in some direction. I looked around until we came into a clearing.

There was a huge white house. It was a big mansion. Its much bigger then mine back at home. It had about 5 stories from what I can tell. There were more houses off in the distance, but this one was the biggest. Jax set me down on the ground so I could walk myself. I was happy about that. He took my small hand in his big one. I was only as tall at his chest. So I would have to look up to him.

I follow him into the house. There were so many unfamiliar scents all around me. I looked around. There were about ten different wolves in the house when we walked in. Most were men. When Jax noticed that he wrapped his arm around me and put his hand on my hip. He was showing them I was his. Even if they tried something on me they would end up like Quinn. When I saw a girl approaching us I wrapped my arm around Jax's waist. She was beautifully. Long dark brown hair and sparkling green eyes. She had fair skin that was a little bit tan. She wore skinny jeans that showed her curves on her bottom half and she had a tight light pink shirt on. You could see the black bra she wore underneath it. She didn't have a big chest. That made me relax a little bit but still. I was not going to let some whore walk over to my mate with out me showing her he is mine.

I think he noticed I was on what I call 'mine mode' and that's were you want to show everyone who your mate is. And that's just what I was doing.

"Hey Jax! Your back early!" She said in a high-pitched voice. I cringed. Her voice was horrible.

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Alpha and not Jax!" He said mad. She didn't look affected at all.

"Sorry Alpha. Who's the kid?" she said pointing at me.

I lost it. I let out a growl and glared at her. "I am his mate. You got a problem with that, Slut?" I said keeping my eyes locked on with hers. She backed down at the moment and cowered in fear.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't know!" she said shaking with fear.

Jax quickly drags me away from her. I was ready to break her nose as well. I squirmed and faced her. She kept watching me with fear. "If you ever lay on finger on my mate I will break your nose. Just like I did to Quinn!" I growl and point to Quinn who is holding his nose. He glares at me and stalks off somewhere. Jax picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. I hit him on the back as he carries me up the stairs. "Put me down! I wasn't finished!" I say growling.

He lets a low deep chuckle escape his lips. I could feel him shake with laughter. He gave me a small pat on the butt. "That's why I took you away. I think they get the memo about not touching me. And the same goes for them with you. Except I will kick them out." I growl and start kicking.

"Don't you dare touch my butt, you weirdo!" I frown and squirm some more. He smirks and opens up a door at the top of the 5th floor.

"We have the whole floor to ourselves. So make yourself comfortable." He said while opening up the door. He set me back on my feet. I glare at him. "What?" he said sounding oh so innocent.

"I don't like to be carried." I frown and fold my arms

He chuckles and brings me crashing into his rock hard chest. Damn... he is so... sexy...