He hears clapping and cheering, and looked up to see his friends cheering.

Soonyoung winks, reaching over to high-five Jun.

Of course it's them.

"I'm sorry." Wonwoo murmurs softly. "It was a dare..."

"I-I know, Wonwoo, don't worry." Mingyu stutters, flustered. He can still feel the sensation of Wonwoo kissing him. This is not good.

Wonwoo just starts to walk away wordlessly, finding a spot in between Seungcheol and Hanson, leaving Mingyu to stand in place, his mind completely non functioning, still.

"Funny," Seungcheol says, looking thoughtful. "Actually, Soonyoung didn't even mean that you had to kiss someone on the lips, you do realize that, right? You could have kissed his cheek or something."

Wonwoo freezes, looking confused. "Huh? Really?"

Seungcheol bursts out laughing. "I was joking! Yeah, pretty sure he did mean on the lips."

"Not a funny joke." Wonwoo sighs.

"See? It was okay, right?" Seungcheol smiles, reaching over to ruffle Wonwoo's hair.

"No, you don't understand," Wonwoo mutters. "You're not the one who got dared to go kiss someone in front of every person in this entire room, are you?"

"Okay, true... Hey, why didn't you kiss me?"

Wonwoo freezes. "What?"

"What, I'm not the most attractive in the room?" Seungcheol sticks his tongue out jokingly. "What a blow to my confidence..."

"..."

"Why are you so mean?"

"I'm not really," Wonwoo shrugs.

"Jokes aside, I'm actually very happy that you kissed Mingyu." Seungcheol suddenly says, a smile on his face,

"Wh- What did you say?" Wonwoo stutters in surprise.

"Well, you're cute together... Sometimes I wonder if you're secretly dating."

"We're not." Wonwoo replies sharply, but his heart skips a beat. "Don't say those kind of things."

"Well, damn, you didn't have to sound like you wanted to kill me right here and now-"

Wonwoo laughs. "Sorry, I didn't mean to."

"You know if you're dating anyone, you can tell me, right?" Seungcheol says. "You can trust me. If you want it to be a secret, I won't tell anyone,"

"Yeah, and I will, but where did that even come from-"

"And you can tell me too!" Soonyoung says excitedly. "Okay?"

"Guys, would you shut the hell up already?" Jihoon scolds them. "Wonwoo's tired of it. Especially you, Soonyoung! You haven't stopped talking since lunch started."

Wonwoo smiles, nodding. "To be honest, yeah. Thanks Jihoon."

"Anytime."

"Okay, okay, we'll stop." Seungcheol agrees.

"Speak for yourself-" Junhui starts, and Seungcheol throws a cushion at his face.

Wonwoo sneaks a glance at Mingyu, and finds him talking to Minghao about something, and laughing, and Wonwoo turns back around.

"Jealous?" Seungcheol asks.

"No."

"You don't have to lie, Wonwoo, I saw you looking over there-"

"Wow, stop staring at me every second, then." Wonwoo jokes. "Am I that handsome?"

Seungcheol slaps his shoulder. "I really think Mingyu's starting to rub off of you. You've gotten really close lately, and sometimes ditched me and Hansol, but uh- anyway, that was totally something Mingyu would say. Being the narcissist he is, he would."

"I am not becoming more like him, shut up." Wonwoo denies it.

"Yeah, you are. Maybe you don't even notice, Wonwoo, but I notice-"

"Bye." Wonwoo gets up and sits next to Junhui instead.

Seungcheol rolls his eyes, and scoots closer to Hansol.

"Mingyu keeps looking at you." Junhui whispers.

Wonwoo shrugs, but inside his chest, his heart beats furiously.

"Your imagination is kind of weird." Wonwoo replies, not daring to look up to even check if it was true and Mingyu really was glancing at him.

"Well yeah, I admit that sometimes I do think of some pretty strange things, but-"

"Idon'tneedtoknowthatthankyouverymuch." Wonwoo covers his ears.

Junhui just laughs at his friend's reaction, and turns away to talk to Minghao about something.

Wonwoo turns and accidentally makes eye contact with Mingyu, who quickly turns his head away, and Wonwoo feels a wave of disappointment wash over him.

Why's he...avoiding me?

Wonwoo decides to stand up and go walk around, and when he walks further away from the group, he passes by Mingyu awkwardly, and feels the latter's gaze trailing behind him.
_____

Wonwoo decides to just go home and texts to the group chat to let his friends know.

wonu: hey guys, i went home so don't worry about me if you can't find me. i'm at home

Message not sent. Retry?

Wonwoo tries again.

Message not sent. Retry?

Wonwoo sighs in confusion, tapping "Retry" again, yet the message still won't send.

"Not my problem anymore." Wonwoo shrugs, and leaves his phone on the table. He takes out a book, and immediately flips open to the page he has bookmarked, diving into his own world again.

______

「author」:

「author」:

look at my son,,, he's so beautiful,,, and soft,,, I (don't) wanna cry,
thank you very much for reading m(__)m oh my god I'm starting to dislike what I just wrote hahahahahahaha no

please listen to the song!! I think you'll like it! I love AKMU so much, I love the message of the song, how it tells a story.