Chapter 5: Heading for the Desert Kingdom

"WHOA! SOLID GOLD! WOW!"

"AND LIVE A THOUSAND YEARS?! REALLY?! IT'S FOUND IN SOME ANCIENT RUINS?!"

"That's right. This is a legendary artifact from an ancient land," the old man said.

"WE CAN REALLY LIVE THAT LONG?!" Chopper asked eagerly.

"Of course. I would never lie to a customer."

"NO WAY! THAT'S SO COOL!" Usopp and Chopper yelled in unison.

"You certainly have an eye for treasure. I guess, for a one time price, I'll give it to you for 1,000 beli."

"ONLY 1,000?! OH YEAH! SOL-" Nami punched them in the heads.

"Idiots. Really, what are you thinking?!"

"If I were you, I wouldn't take his word for it," Zoro pulled the curtain to reveal a man painting an apple golden.

"Hey Nami! Quit it! This is harassment-" he says nonsense as she spoke.

"We have no time for shopping! As soon as we find the idiot and (Y/N), we're leaving! Got it?" she dragged them on the ground.

"Okay. Where would those two be?" Zoro questioned himself.

He looked in a random direction and muttered quietly, "Who's that?"

"I'm looking for this guy. You know where he is?"

"His name is Monkey D. Luffy?" an old lady asked.

The swordsman gasped and everyone else hummed in curiosity.

"I heard he's here in town. I've been looking for him for a while."

"I've never seen his face. But, if you go to that restaurant over there, the owner might know who you're talking about. He seems to know everyone that passes through."

"Thank you ma'am," he bowed, "Well, I was just starting to feel a bit hungry anyway," the man walked away from the booth to the restaurant.

"Who's that?" the reindeer asked.

"I don't know. But he looks strong. Wonder why he's looking for Luffy?" the sniper responded.

"Maybe he's a bounty hunter," the navigator suggested.

"He's not. I'm sure of it," Zoro stated. "The mark on his back," he started as everyone looked at him for answers, "I used to hunt pirates. There's no way I wouldn't recognize it."

His breath hitched as he saw someone, "Oh no. Is that her?"

"You've got to be kidding me! Selling a sword like this for 200,000 beli is nothing short of stealing! Come on, do you even have a permit to sell these?!"

"Yup. It's her."

Flashback

The woman's bangs covered her eyes, creating a shadow. She spoke in a low voice, "I didn't know you were Zoro. And a pirate."

There was a flash of Zoro smiling and his sword peaked out of it's sheathe.

"You're a liar," she looked up at him, "you're just another liar! You know there's no way I'm going to let someone leave this town with such a legendary sword! Give it to me! Wado Ichimonji, dammit!"

She took out her sword and lunged at him.

End of Flashback

"I can't believe it. What on earth is she doing here?"

"You better not try to pull another stunt like that again. You understand me?"

Before she saw him, he hid behind a giant vase.