Tit Is

SHANNA

The blindfold was making her feel a little queasy in the car. "Are we almost there?" Shanna asked hoping this journey to a surprise would soon be over.

Cory said, "Just a few more miles. No peeking."

"I'm not going to peek but I might chuck."

"There is a very firm no chucking policy in my car, darlin'."

Shanna giggled. "Oh yeah. What will happen if I infract?"

"Death."

"Wow, that's quite severe."

"It's a severe no-tolerance rule. No chucking. Vomit makes me vomit and I don't like vomiting. Not to mention, I just got my car detailed."

She giggled again. "I don't think anyone likes vomiting."

"We're here," he said. "But don't peek. You can't look until I say so."

Finally it was time to remove the blindfold and she couldn't wait to see what he had in store. She heard some noises that indicated—"Puppies! There are so many puppies here!"

Cory smiled. "Yes, I thought maybe you'd like having a little friend to share your time with since I'm so busy. Not that it's a replacement, just a gesture."

She hugged him quickly. "I've always wanted a puppy."

He squeezed her. "I know but I don't want it taking my place, okay?" He looked in her eyes. "You're my girl and I'm not getting this for you to appease you. I just know you always wanted one and it seems like this might be the right time."

She nodded.

"Okay now, you can pick any puppy you want. It just has to be a small one because the apartment has a forty pound rule."

Her heart felt light as cotton candy as she looked at all the different puppies in the room. "How will I choose?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. I hear the dog picks you so why don't you just go try some out."

She looked around his face for a moment then kissed him on the lips. "You're amazing. How did you know I wanted a puppy?"

He gloated. "I'm smart."

Damn he was sexy, especially when he was proud of himself. She looked around the room not knowing where to start.

The third cage she went to was filled with little white fluffy pups, cuter than a baby bunny. "These ones are so adorable." She opened the door and all of the puppies shrunk to the back in fear of the hands that would soon be invading. A few seconds later, one immerged from behind and stepped out confidently right to Shanna's hand. It licked her palm then looked up and barked. Shanna was shocked. Was it true, had she just been picked by the dog? She fell in love with it immediately as she picked the little fluff ball up. "How big will it get?" she asked the sales associate.

"That's an American Eskimo Spitz. They stay pretty small. Maximum of twenty-five pounds."

The puppy began licking Shanna's face exuberantly causing her to gush with love. "Awwww, I love her." She looked at the associate. "Is it a girl?"

"Yes, she is a girl."

Shanna looked at Cory. "What do you think?"

He grinned. "She is adorable and she sure likes you."

"I want her!"

Cory squinted. "Sure you don't want to look at any other ones?"

Shanna was sure. "No. This is the one. Please, please, please can we get her?"