I shook my head. "No, why would we? I mean," I let out a sigh. "Everything was well between us. It must be... a family issue."

"You told me her mom is in the hospital," she said thoughtfully. "Why don't you visit her after work?"

I looked at her and smiled a little. "Yeah? It's alright for me to do that, right?"

"Well, you are Chorong eonni's..." she said, trailing off. "friend?"

Right.
I'll just visit her mom later to make sure she's alright.

#

Chorong:

The nurses moved her out of her room, the doctor gave me a considerate pat on my shoulder, and a gentle mutter of 'I'm sorry'.

I stood outside the room where minutes ago, she had been breathing.

And when she stopped, I have stopped feeling anything at all too.

#

Changsub:

I have recorded I'll Be Here and Star with Hyunsik. After that, he asked me to have dinner with him but I had to tell him that I have to go somewhere else. "Maybe next time, with Eunkwang." I told him.

He smiled. "Alright, busy man!"

I took my bike to the hospital and parked it outside. I went to the front desk and asked if I could visit Chorong's mom.

The lady behind the front desk suddenly changed her expression into something that made my heart skip a beat. "They just moved her to the hospital mortuary, sir. I'm sorry."

For a moment, it was like my hearing went totally quiet followed by a long 'ding' sound. I had to shake my head to get back to my senses. Chorong.

"A-Are you sure you're not mistaken?" I asked.

The lady shook her head. "Her room has been cleared, sir."

I started running to the hospital room because I had to see for myself. I couldn't believe it until I see it.

But then, I saw her.

Chorong was standing still outside what had been her mom's hospital room. She was just staring at the window where we once watched her mom sleeping. She wasn't crying. I'm afraid she had no expression at all.

I slowly walked to her, and as if feeling my presence, she turned to me and I immediately brought her into my arms.

She stood still, until her shoulders were shaking and the hallway was filled with her painful cry, so I hugged her tighter while I caressed her hairㅡunderstanding how she's feeling more than anyone else.

#

Chorong didn't utter any word at all. Her mom's funeral was set and she hasn't said any word to me or anyone else but the person who arranged her mom's funeral.

Last night, I have come with her to her place and I didn't leave even as she fell asleep on the couch next to me. She had woken up at three in the morning, crying and I was just thankful I was there with her. I hugged her tight until she calmed down. I was wide awake even when she fell asleep again, and by the time I felt sleepiness take over me, the sun had come up.