I slightly smiled at her and she smiled back. She leaned forward and kissed my forehead and rubbed my knee.

"So Lucy, she really likes you."
"You think so?"
"Am, it's obvious. The girl couldn't take her eyes off you for more then a second since you guys sat down. I really approve of her. I really hope you guys work out."
"Me too. I really like her. I better go clean up so I can get back to her faster before Zach gets to her."

She chuckled and nodded. We both stood up and I caught her off guard by hugging her. She hugged me back tighter and I rested my head on her shoulder and sighed out in content.

"I love you so much baby girl."
"I love you too mom."

We both pulled away and she rubbed my cheek like she always does and kissed my temple. We headed out separate ways and I went into the bathroom. Ali was already in there and chuckled when she saw me.

"Oh babe, here, let me fix you."
"Thanks."

I walked over to her and sat up on the sink. She wiped my eyes with the wipes and then tissue to dry them. She applied a little mascara and eyeliner and smiled at her work.

"You look beautiful."
"Thank you. I honestly don't know where I'd be without you."
"I know. Come on. The poor girl must be getting interrogated by our girls."

I nodded in agreement and we walked out. We walked back to where everyone was sitting and Lucy stood up. She looked at me worryingly and I smiled reassuringly towards her. She pulled back my chair and I sat down and she pushed me in again. I blushed at the gesture and I could feel them looking at us. Lucy sat down again and thank god for Carli and starting up a new conversation.

Lucy reached under the table and put her hand on my thigh and rubbed it softly. I put my hand on top of hers and she turned her hand the other way so we could hold hands properly. We laced our fingers together and placed them on my knee.

"So Rachel, when's school starting?"
"It already has but only two weeks ago. I'm starting on Monday."
"Are you looking forward to it?"
"Yeah. I want to get my degree in social working so I've a backup plan if things don't work out with soccer."
"Damn, you're a lot more prepared for your future then I am."

I chucked at Ash and everyone joined. They all started telling stories about memories they have with one another and I spent most the night laughing. I'd look at Lucy every now and then and saw her laughing as well. Everyone included her in everything and I was thankful for that. Mom leaned over and whispered in my ear.

"Zach wants to speak with Lucy for a moment and then with you."
"Uh, sure. Let me tell her."

Lucy looked at me worryingly when I squeezed her hand tighter when mom told me. I looked at her sadly before leaning over to her ear.

"Zach wants to speak with you, alone."
"About what?"
"I don't exactly know. Mom just told me."
"Okay but if I don't come back alive I want you to know that I've had an amazing time with you."
"Oh stop being so dramatic."

I looked at Zach and nodded towards him. He stood up and so did Lucy. She looked at me one last time and bent down and kissed my cheek.

"Good luck."
"I'll need it."

I chuckled at her and pushed her away. I watched as she followed him out of the restaurant. Alex stood up and sat in Lucy's chair and I looked at her in confusion. We started to catch up but I couldn't focus fully because I was always glancing at the door for Lucy.