Chapter-1 ----- Tears in my eyes

Hey Guys!

This chapter is dedicated to sophisticatedlove who has supported me to write this book. She is also the one to give me awesome ideas for the chapters and characters. In addition she also helped me make the cover.

Now my rant is over. Happy Readin' >.<

Chapter 1

I looked out my window as a single tear drop escaped my left eye. I didn't let it drop though, wiped it away halfway my cheek.

I had never really been so close to my dad. He had divorced my mom about ten years ago. He had not made any effort to be close to me as well. I mean I had to go over to his house once a month but it wasn't anything special, just a simple home cooked dinner or the occasional outing along with an awkward conversation. I didn't blame him though, it wasn't his fault that I wasn't ever interested to bond with him. Even though, I had never really been so close to my dad today I somehow wish that I had.

Thinking of him made my heart clenched. That was wierd. I had never felt that way when I thought about my father. But now, thinking back I regret not giving him a chance to make things normal. You might now say,'It's not your fault.' but trust me it is. Everytime he asked to tell him something about me I just ignored him and changed the subject or just simply answer saying,'I don't know what to say.'

I guess it's true what people say,'You don't know what you have untill you don't have it anymore.' Well, I guess it applies on me perfectly. I never appreciated the time I spent with my dad but atleast I could see him. And now he is gone and I regret everthing.

How I should have just hugged him back everytime we met. How I should have answered his questions. How I should have opened up to him and told him my likes and dislikes. How I should have told him how I actually felt about their divorce. How I should have told him to work things out with mom the hard way instead of just giving up. How I should have told him how much I would pay for them to love eachother again like normal parents!

These feelings were washing over me like a tidal wave. And I was exasperated even thinking about it.

It was like I was screaming in my mind. I could feel my throat had dried up so I swallowed. Hard, only resulting to me feeling like I was being strangled.

So I went down to the kitchen for a glass of water. While I was pouring water into the glass I could hear someone sniffing and breathing heavily.

I followed the sound and found my mom curled up bawling under the kitchen counter.

I swear I had a massive break down myself when I saw mom bawling her eyes out I knew I had to stay strong for her. I had only seen mom cry once.

"Ma?" 

Her head snapped up immediately and brushed her tears out of her tear stained cheeks and said "oh honey, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up... You shouldn't see me like this..." 

"Ma, it's okay, you can cry in front of me. I understand that you're sad, mom. you're human too."

I folded my legs and sat next to her, pulling her into my arms. She rested her head on my shoulder and weeped more. I could feel her tears flowing continuously on my t-shirt. I wrapped my arms around her tightly reassuring her that I was strong enough to take it.

"It was my fault, I shouldn't have suspected that he was cheating on me. I was just so inconsiderate, so jealous that I was blinded for so much time. I'm sorry Evie! I'm sor..."

"Shh... ma none of this is your fault. He gave up on you. He gave up on us! Just give yourself a break."

"I loved him and I didn't realise it until he was gone that I still do. I kept thinking that he'd turn around one day knocking on the door saying, 'You are wrong Judy, I didn't cheat on you' Just try and justify himself but he just left taking the false blame on his head. It's all my fau.."

"Ma, its not. He was the one who decide to go. I wish that would happen too mom, but it won't. We can't do anything about it. We have our whole lives ahead of us, we have to move on 'cause the world keeps spinnin' mom. Just let it all out."

"What did I ever do to have a daughter so understanding like you?"

And with that we both went upstairs and snuggled up to eachother and driffted off to sleep.

A/N:

So? First chap?

Sry I had to put this, kinda sentimental though. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

So the video on the side is the trailer of the actual movie 'Postman to heaven' or 'Heaven's postman'. Anyway you can check that or watch the movie it's awesome! It's gonna be a little different though. Hope you liked it!

Please vote and comment if you like it.

:D StarStorm