Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue

I do not own Life is Strange or any of it's characters, I'm just really emotional rn bc it's an episode of supernatural or some shit in my uterus rn and I wanna die, and this is gonna make me bawl my eyes out but whatever I'm cool, I'm chill, I'm in a hella fucking lot of pain but it's all rad.I imagine this is what Chloe feels like every time she gets fuckin shot, which is like, a lot.

You sat as still as possible as Patty finished braiding back your H/C hair. You smiled softly as she pulled out a few butterfly hair clips and used them to pin back your bangs, tearing up slightly.

"I used to help you put these in your hair before family pictures.." she sniffled, wiping her eyes. You stood and turned to her, pulling her into a hug and trying not to cry yourself. You were a sympathetic cryer. "Mom.." you said, smiling gently. "Thank you.."

"Well now you have your something old." She declared, grinning and turning you towards the mirror again. "Your something new?"

You smiled and ran your hand along the growing bump protruding from your stomach. "Covered." You chuckled lightly. Patty smiled at that, gingerly laying her hand on top of your own. "Grandbaby is the something new, alrighty." She smiled.

"Well what about something borrowed?" She asked, removing her hand slowly before grabbing some blush off the desk to finish up your makeup.

"Danny is letting me borrow her dress." You said, and at this Patty raised an eyebrow. "Honey not to be a party pooper, but wouldn't you rather have your own dress? It might not even fit you, with the little one on the way.."

"Mom, Danny and I agreed when she got it that we'd both wear it someday, because we both loved it. And besides, she was pregnant with Tommy when she wore it, about as far along too. It'll be fine." You assured her. Patty sighed, smiling and setting you down again.

"Alright, well then, your something blue?"

You smiled, looking to the engagement band on your finger. "-and your soon-to-be wife doesn't count." She chided, and you had to laugh.

"Okay, well then no that's the one base not covered I guess."

"Last time I checked, you already covered all the bases." Came a voice from outside your bedroom door. The door opens and in comes Nathan, followed by Timmy running around excitedly in a little suit and baby Y/N toddling around in the cutest little dress to match her mother's bridesmaid dress.

Nathan grins as he takes in your hair and the butterfly clips, and a soft smile passes over his face as he notices you absentmindedly stroke your baby bump. "Today's a big day, huh, L/I(last initial)."

You grin at him and stand, walking over and wrapping your arms around him in a hug. "You're beautiful, Y/N.. and you deserve this. You deserve happiness. You deserve a family of your own, and a wife who is and has always been your other half. Youre getting everything you've ever wanted, and I am beyond happy for you." He whispers, and you feel tears splash against the top of your head.

"Oh P..." You say, tearing up as well. The two of you stand there for a moment before he pulls away and Tommy tugs on the robe you're wearing. "Up!" He exclaims, and you can't help but chuckle as you wipe your tears.

Nathan shakes his head, getting down to his sons level. "Tommy, honey, what did we talk about? Do you remember Mommy and Daddy talking about Aunty Y/N?" Tommy nods, not looking downtrodden in the least. "No pick To-ee up, To-ee heavy, ouchie Auty baby!"

Nathan nods, beaming as he ruffles his sons hair. "That's right. Now, Patty keeps candy in her purse, why don't you go ruffle through it." He kisses the boys head and turns back to you.

"So, the reason im here. I had a feeling you were going to use Chloe as your something blue, which is so not happening, so im contributing something blue for you, if you'll have it." He smiled, offering you a poorly wrapped parcel you can tell he wrapped himself.

You shake your head and smile, such a Nathan thing to do. You accept the parcel and gingerly untie the string holing it together. Peeling back the paper, your eyes widen slightly and a small gasp escapes your lips, you hand coming up to cover your mouth.  "Nathan..."

Inside the parcel is Nathan's blue jacket, the one he wore in your college days, the one you had bought for him. The blue one, which he always wore around you and only you. It was his calming jacket, his everything-is-okay jacket, his you-make-everything-better jacket. You knew how much this had meant to him, and you had always wondered what had happened to it in the years since.

Nathan smiled softly. "I know it's kind of.. unorthodox, but.. I don't know, it just.. well to put it frankly all your traditional things are pretty bad, so think of this as all of them in a way. Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.." he continued on, mumbling to himself, but you weren't listening. You took the jacket and put it on, wiping at the tears streaming down your cheeks.

"God Nate you're such an asshole, making a pregnant woman cry on her wedding day." You lightly shove him before you pull him in for another hug. "Thank you.. so much.." you whisper, and he kisses the top of your head.

"Let's get you ready to marry the woman of your dreams." He says, and Patty opens the door again as Danny comes in with the dress.

"Here we go.." you smile.