Baking Makes for a Decent Distraction

I do not own Life is Strange or any of its characters, I'm just massively gay for Chloe guys, as you know already. Also, sorry for not posting for a while, I've kinda been bouncing around everywhere and I haven't had access to my computer, so her we go, expect a chapter dump. 

      Chloe came home that afternoon to the aroma of chocolate wafting through the house, and a timer going off. She furrowed her eyebrows and kicked off her boots, walking through the house to the kitchen. "Babe?" She called, poking her head in the entryway. 

      You stood holding a large pan of brownies, several plates of cookies on the counter as well as a bowl of frosting and a tower of dirty dishes piling in the sink. This ought to be good, you only baked when you A) had something heavy on your mind, B) when you were pmsing, or C) when you were angry with her. Chloe gulped, looking at the tons of baked good. She really hoped it wasn't the last one.

      You turned to face her, looking frazzled and like you were overthinking something. She glanced between you and the brownies. "Did I-.. Do something?" She asked almost hesitantly. 

      You stop for a minute, you brain going a million miles an hour. You had spent the last few hours baking frantically and trying to figure out how to tell your lesbian wife you were pregnant with her child. It was hard to believe yourself, even when you were the one who was carrying a baby. 

      Carrying a baby. The thought brought a smile to your lips as you set down the tray of brownies. You looked up at Chloe as she walked in the kitchen towards you, looking frightened. "Y/N? You're smiling... Oh god what did I do-" She looked at the brownies. "Did you put something in the brownies? Because whatever I did i totally deserve it." She had a panicked expression on her face. 

      You shook your head, smiling as you reached up and cupped her cheeks in your hands, leaning up and gently planting a soft kiss to her lips. Her eyes widened, taken aback, before she relaxed. "So.. you're not mad at me?" She murmured, and you shook your head, "Actually, I've been trying to think about how to tell you something.." You started, and you looked to you giving you her full attention as she reached behind you and grabbed a cookie. 

      "Well whatever it is, shoot, I'll listen." She said, giving you a kiss on the cheek. You smiled slightly, taking a deep breath. "Well.. you know how I haven't gotten a power yet?" Chloe nodded, mouth full of cookie. "And how my visions stopped a week or so ago?" Another nod. "And how I've been acting a little different lately? A little short tempered, emotional, hungry?" Chloe nodded again, this time confusion growing on her face. She wasn't sure where you were going with this. 

      You took a deep breath. "Well.. Danny noticed today too, and we came to the conclusion that.. I'm pregnant." You waited to see what she would say. "You're.. pregnant?" She asked, and you nodded. "But how is that- you mean- whoa that's bizarre.." She muttered, seeming to catch onto the theory of your superpower. "So, wait, seriously? You're pregnant? Like for real? Have you taken a test?" She asked, seeming to get more excited with every question. 

      You smiled, nodding. "I took eight." You giggled, and Chloe smiled back. "And?" 

      "And, they were all positive." You grinned, and Chloe swept you up into her arms, hugging you tightly. "Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh holy fuck we're going to parents!" She exclaimed, and you laughed at her excitement and the wonder in her eyes. 

      After a moment she calmed down, setting you down and getting down on her knees so she could press a kiss to your currently flat stomach. "You have no idea how fucking happy I am right now." She grinned, looking up at you. You smiled back with a little laugh. "I think I have a basic understanding." 

Chloe stood and enveloped you in a hug, the two of you beyond ecstatic as you shared the news. You weren't sure if there was a God, but if there was, you were eternally grateful.