No Choice

//Kieras view//

     I walked up to the top of the falls, knowing I could get some peace up there.  What I didn't plan for was Brandon.  I knew I should have turned around and walked away without saying anything, but I just couldn't.  Something was off, I don't know how I knew this... but I just did, and I had to do something about it.  "Brandon, is something wrong?"  My voice was, for a lack of better description, it was military tone and style. 

    "Yes, I am fine Kiera.  Did you come for the peace and quiet as I did?"  His voice was deep, soft, and smooth.  He didn't have his hood on today, so I could see his dark black hair, so dark it looked blue in the moonlight.

    "Yes, I came for the peace and quiet.  The city is loud and still in bad need of fixing, but I also was working."  I stopped a few feet from his side.

    "You are always working Kiera.  If our king doesn't have you running around doing his missions or babysitting the prince or your sister, you are working still.  You need a break, after being forced to work for Xavier, forced to quit a two months later, you get attacked by some shapeshifting lion..."  He looked at me while he said this, his blue green eyes unreadable.

    "Brandon, no.  I am fine.  If our king demands me to do something, I do it.  If I have free time then I use it to work out and get stronger for his next mission.  I am good at what I do."  My stance and tone was still all military style, as it has been with Brandon for over 3 years.  "I see no reason why I should even start relaxing or take a break or vacation when our King could demand me to do something the next instant."  I felt something shift in the air, something cold and dark was here, but I didn't know what or where, I just had to be on my guard.

    "I get that, but he also asks you to do to much.  One of these days he will ask you to do something and it will get you killed.  As my friend, I do not want that to happen."  I looked at him now as he said this because in the past, he has never considered me a friend, just someone he knew as well as someone who worked with him.  As I was looking at him, some shadow came and hovered over him before slowly seeping into his body.  I instantly became alert, as not five seconds later, Brandon took a few steps back as he grabbed his head, as though he was in pain.  "Kiera, you need to leave...Now!"  I guess he was, his voice sounds like it, as did his body language.

    "Brandon, what is going on."  Not a question, a order for him to tell me, since I knew that he didn't usually answer my questions like this.  He didn't really like my help much, or anyones help for that matter.  I stood my ground and grabbed the hilt of one of my swords on my hip, just in case it was another body-take-over that Xavier did again.  Atleast last time it had been in someone I could fight and defend myself against.  I don't think I could hurt Brandon.

    "Kiera.  Get out of here!"  He staggered back a few more feet before his eyes flashed red once, then twice as he stood up and in all of one motion, grabbed his sword on his hip and slashed it at my face.  I drew mine and deflected his blow, but I didn't attack him back.  Like I said before, I couldn't hurt him.

    "Brandon, fight it.  Your stronger then this, so fight it!"  I snapped at him, forgetting my military voice and actually putting some emotion into it now.  My own eyes flashed a golden honey colored with cat or dragon like slit in the middle.  I knew because I could feel it.  To explain why my eyes did so; I have a dragon inside of me, part of me to be exact.  A few years ago, one attacked me and when I killed it, the spirit of the dragon, tried to take over my body to make sure that it didn't die.  Instead of letting it take over, I fought back and only let it became a part of me and have half of my body; we helped each other out. 

    Ok back to the fight, I don't have time to explain everything to you because I will need all of me to defend myself against Brandon until his energy dies off and Xavier has to leave.  He slashed at my head while his other hand came for my side, as he materialized his other sword into that hand.  I drew my other sword at the same instant and managed to barely block the one coming at my side, but I did, even if my sword was resting on my hip to do so.  The one at my head was easy enough, due to all the training I have put myself through.   "Brandon you have to fight this...This isn't you!  Your stronger then this!  Fight it damn it! Don't let him control you!"  I had to try and get through to him, but I knew that when I saw his eyes turn a even more red, as I saw him shift his body closer to mine, and as I felt the searing pain in my leg, I knew that he was trapped inside of his own mind. Doesn't mean I wouldn't keep trying.