Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

Fred and George muttered things beneath their breath as Percy stalked off before turning to face Milo with grins. "Did you see his face? Nice one, Milo!"

They thought that Milo's mistake was intentional and to avoid any backlash, Milo decided to go along with it, giving them both of a high-five. 

"Um, so does this mean I can take the fur off now? It smells terrible."

"Yes, but save it!" Fred told him. "It might come in handy later on."

"For what?"

"Fred plans on seducing a werewolf apparently," George chuckled, " the only reason I could come up with for him wanting to keep the fur."

Milo let out a nervous laugh that was just a bit too loud as his thoughts trailed to his Uncle Remus. He hadn't received a letter since they met up at Godric's Hollow on Halloween and Milo wondered if the man and Elspeth were going to stay true to their word about coming for the holidays. Which sparked another thought to come to his mind as he remembered talking to Cedric the night before.

The Diggory's were planning on spending Christmas with some old family friends, but Cedric really had no interest in going claiming the house smelled of perfumed fish. Rather than having him stay at the castle alone, Milo hoped his mother agreed to him spending the holidays with them in Hogsmeade. He wasn't sure what she was going to say since they were already anticipating Remus and Elspeth, as well as Harry.

Milo was so excited for Harry's surprise of meeting Remus and Elspeth that he could hardly contain himself from blurting it out. Leaving the fur to the twins, Milo excused himself and headed to his mother's office to speak with her about Cedric joining them. 

When he entered his mother's office, he could see that the old parchment scrolls she had long graded and no longer needed, stacked on her desk. With a smile, he walked over and decided to take his job as the Official Scroll Shredder while he spoke to her. Minerva smiled as well, holding no protest to his work as he sat down next to her. His eyes peered down at one of the scrolls on her desk and froze as he read the names on the list, especially as he caught sight of Harry's name.

"What's the list for, Mum?"

"Milo, I've warned you about not being nosy," Minerva said, " you don't have special permission to be reading things over unless I give it to you. You could very well be invading someone's privacy."

"Sorry," Milo said quietly with a blush. 

"However, that's not too important, it's a list of the students staying behind at the castle for the holidays."

"But...but Harry's name is on it..." Milo pointed out. The office fell silent for a few minutes as Minerva had no idea what to tell the boy as he stared at the parchment scroll with a crestfallen look. Without a word discussing Cedric coming over, Milo pushed himself up and left his mother's office quickly, pulling out the map to see if his brother was still in the girl's lavatory so he could have a word with him.

●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Entering the lavatory, the floors were damp as he walked in and heard the muttering of the three coming from one of the toilet stalls in the back. He reached the stall and pulled the door open to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione as he expected standing over what definitely appeared to be the Polyjuice Potion in the transition of brewing. 

"Unbelievable," he said under his breath, shaking his head at the same time.

"Look, Milo, I know you said not to do it-" Hermione began but she quickly fell silent as Milo held his hand up and looked over at Harry.