Sunburn (7)

Noah stood beside Rosalie waiting for the newborns to come into view. It was just like when they were waiting for Victoria to arrive, except now it was an army of hers.

Noah tensed as he heard growling and running footsteps of the newborns as they ran through the woods. Bella's scent was definitely making them crazy.

They appeared from the trees running straight at them. Noah moved forward with the others and collided with a newborn in front of him.

Without hesitation he snapped the newborn's arm off before tossing him towards another newborn that made a jump towards Noah. As Noah finished off the two newborn's the wolves made their appearance snarling as they took down some newborns.

Noah turned seeing Rosalie fighting off a female newborn. He noticed two other newborns running towards her. Noah ran over narrowing his eyes at them. He felt a pulse go through him signaling that his power came out to play.

The two newborns froze in their tracks before being ripped apart by wolves as they ran by. Rosalie turned around when she finished off the newborn seeing the wolves run by. She looked towards Noah seeing a sneering male newborn running behind Noah.

She jumped over him using her momentum to take down the male newborn. Noah turned around checking to see if she was ok before going to help out a sliver wolf that having trouble with two newborns.

Suddenly he was tackled onto the ground feeling an arm wrap around his head. Noah grunted trying to use his power to freeze the newborn. He could hear his neck cracking from being pulled back

"Get off me." Noah growled out biting the newborn's arm and tearing a chunk of it off hearing the woman scream.

Feeling the arm loosen around his neck he grabbed the arm and flipped the woman over him. He stood back up and watched as Rosalie immediately took the woman out.

"You need to watch your back Noah." Rosalie commented as she looked around her surroundings.

"I don't have too." Noah shrugged before smirking at her, "I know you will always watch it for me."

Rosalie rolled her eyes before they ran off to get the rest of the remaining newborns.

***

Noah stared at the fire as they finished getting all the remains of the newborns. Now, they were waiting for the Volturi to arrive.

"How long?" Edward asked once he and Bella arrived next to Carlisle.

"A few minutes. Maybe 10." Alice answered turning to look at him.

"The pack needs to leave. The Volturi won't honor a truce with the wolves." Carlisle said looking at the wolves.

Noah looked over once he heard snarling seeing the familiar silver wolf attacking a newborn. He made a motion to help out, but was held back when Rosalie grabbed his arm.

"Leah, don't!" Edward shouted as he ran over to help.

Noah watched as Jacob pulled the newborn away from Leah flipping around as he tried to attack the newborn. However, the newborn managed to get his arms around Jacob. He heard the bones break as the newborn squeeze making Jacob whine.

"Jacob!" Bella shouted running over to Jacob, who was now human and was clutching his side obviously in pain.

Two other wolves took care of the newborn as Carlisle rushed over to Jacob's side along with Edward. Noah looked away feeling bad that Jacob was injured. Sure he didn't like the guy, but he didn't wish any harm on him.