I'm sorry (part 2)

Michael's POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pain.

It was the first of my senses to return. A sharp pain came from the side of my skull. I tried to move, but I was met with agonizing burning feeling. I tried to remember what had happened, then I remembered.

"Taylor."

I instantly to open my eyes, but it was like if someone had put weights on them. I struggled and finally succeeded. I was in a hospital room, surrounded by people in lab coats. I instantly thought of the Elgen and murmured, "Don't do this... where are the others? Taylor... I tried to sit up, but a sharp burning sensation arched across my body. My vision became blurred, and my mind clouded. 

I heard a voice saying, "The Resistance will be recovered fully by next week, no worries, but the girl..." I weakly sat up, trying to clear my mind. The doctor hushed him, "He's on sedatives, we'll wait. Just let him have some rest." I spoke up, "Where is Taylor? Is everyone alright?!"

The doctor shot a nasty glare at the man, who I soon realized was Joel, "He needs to rest." Joel was uncharacteristically red faced and furious, "HE DESERVES TO KNOW!" I shot up, "ARE MY FRIENDS OKAY?" He turned and teared up, "Everyone's okay, except..." His voice broke. Realization hit me. My heart stopped. He said, "Taylor."

I was immediately filled with adrenaline. I yanked the IV from my arm and attempted to get out of bed. My ears rung. Everything burned. I now know what Zeus felt like. It was absolute torture. I grunted and pushed hard. I then noticed the bandages covering  parts of my head and legs. I needed to see Taylor. What did they mean?

Joel promptly grabbed a wheelchair from the side of the room and unfolded it. Joel helped me get in as fast as I could. I suppressed a scream, knowing that Taylor might hear, "We need to go. FAST. He pushed my wheelchair fast and shoved open the doors. This reminded me of the Rat Bowl in Peru, but it was much more real and frightening to me. 

I could lose Taylor.

Joel started pushing faster. He had a very worried look on his face, but tried to hide it when he saw me looking, "I'll get you there, try to stay calm. We'll be there really quick." We slowed through another door. I instantly felt dread enterring the room. Then I saw Taylor.

 Her torso and legs were bandaged heavily. An oxygen mask covered her nose and mouth. Her face was pale and flushed. Her eyes were closed, but she definitely wasn't at rest. My mom knelt beside her, holding her hand. Her eyes were moist. "Michael, are you okay? I was worried sick." I frowned, "I'm more worried about Taylor. What's wrong? Where is her mom?" I teared up, "I need to know." My heart pounded faster than it ever had.

"When you were in Taiwan," she said, "You were being attacked. There was lot of fire, and lots of bullets being shot. You were getting tired, you all were. Taylor accidentally set off an IED. Before it exploded, she pushed you to relative safety. She tripped and fell short." She cupped her head into her hand. Joel continued, "Then it went off, right before we could regain control of the mission." My mom explained, "Jack told us everything." Joel looked down at his phone, "Mrs. Ridley is coming as fast as she can."

Joel pushed my chair next to Taylor's bed. My mom moved out of the way, tears forming in her eyes, "Here." I took Taylor's hand and laced her fingers in mine, "You'll be alright. Just hang on." Her heart rate jumped, and the beats startled me. Her eyes fluttered open, "Michael... I..."

I shushed her, "It's alright. Just rest." She grunted, "Ughhhh..." I looked into her eyes intently, seeing the vibrant look in her eyes fade. I wondered if she would ever be the same. She sputtered, "Does my mom know?" My mother sat up, "She'll be here soon." Taylor took a deep breath, "Thanks for trying to help me to safety." She teared up, "I was so stupid." 

I shook my head and frowned, "No. We were all in great danger. We did the best we could, and we succeeded." I paused, "You were amazing. You saved us all." She groaned in pain, and her breathing quickened. Joel immediately jogged out of the room to get the doctors. Everything felt slow-motion. Doctors rushed in, carrying surgical supplies and an AED. I immediately felt dread wash over me. She yelled, "Lead the cause to victory." I stammered and ticked, "You are my cause." She responded right as I was rushed out of the room, "I'm sorry."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please give this part a like and follow me to get updated!

What do you think should come next? Tell me in the comment section down below or send a quick message.

Any requests/shoutouts can be put in the comment section as well.

Again, please be sure to vote, comment, and share.

This fandom must be shared with everyone!

Spread the word by voting, it's only a split second thing to do. 

Do it for the cause!

A part three should be coming shortly. Be patient, these are hard sometimes.