Re-reaping Day (Really long Chapter)

Start from the beginning

"Hopefully it's one of the eighteen year olds who go this year. Last year we sent a 12 year old and we almost instantly lost." I say hopefully.

"It most likely will be an eighteen year old. How many times do their names go in?"

"Seven times I believe." I say happily.

"Great! Then surely one of them will be picked. Are names are only in their like, what, four times." Chelsea says triumphantly.

I giggle and look at my hologram watch.

"We got time." I say quickly. We walk over to the big mountain where the miners work.

"Can you imagine. In a few years we'll be working here." Chelsea says sounding amazed. Her brown eyes light up while she looks at the mountain.

"So you've given up on your dream of being a peacekeeper?" I ask curiously.

"Yeah. I've been thinking about it and I thought there's way too big a risk of death." She says in a serious tone.

That's weird considering there's a slight chance you may go to the hunger games. Wait, I can't say that! She's gonna start crying again.

"Yeah." I say dismissively looking at my watch. "Shit! 12! I gotta go now. Mommy's orders." I say while laughing. Chelsea laughs as well.

"See you at the re-reaping!" She says happily.

"And may the odds be ever in your favor!" I say with a capitol accent like Effie's. The capitol accent is like the monster baby of the two really old accents; Irish and British. It's so sophisticated that everything sounds super funny in it.

I here her laugh once more before I leave.

I get home and change. My mom and I decide to make our way down (town, :P) to the reaping area. I am still wearing my blue dress because that's the only fancy-ish dress I have.

"Oh my god, fuck my life." I sigh as we're walking.

"Hold your tongue or the peacekeepers will fuck your life." She says looking left and right.

Lord Jesus, mom.

~A Signing in and walking to group later~

Effie walks onto the stage.

"I know District 2 has had a great loss. So can we please have a moment of silence." She says solemnly.

A red haired girl in the front row of our group kisses three of her fingers and puts them up in the air. I think it's Bethany Granger.

Haha. She was probably thinking "Fuck the silence!" Never mind that I better put my hand up too so the peacekeepers don't shoother.

I put my three fingers up just like she did. Chelsea was staring at me. I elbow her in her ribs.

"Fuck." She whispers angrily before putting her hand up.

One by one everybody around us put their hands up.

This bitch, Beth, owes me one. She could have been shot and I saved her god damn life.

"Yes, well, let's get on with this. Happy hunger games and may the odds be ever in your blah blah blah. We've already done this once before this week." She says sounding annoyed. " Ladies first, as is the tradition, actually ladies only." Effie says while throwing her hand into the bucket.

I didn't realize how nervous I was until this deciding moment.

"Natalia Peterkin. Age 15." She says finally exhaling.