01

— written by fluffy「♡」
lowercase intended !

a thunderstorm overtook the night, the raindrops falling onto the window panel of their bedroom, the liquids sliding down while leaving their trail behind. the curtains were closed, yet the sound of heavy thunder never stopped, and it seemed that it wasn't going to halt anytime soon. the shuffling of blankets was evident, and a giant lump snuggling beneath showed itself.

suddenly, an abnormally loud thunderclap startled taehyung, who was trying to sleep but couldn't due to the sound of the thunderstorm. he jolted awake, using the blanket to cover his face in an attempt to block out the scary noise that emitted from outside their house. the same cacophonous sound occurred again, causing a whimper to leave taehyung's mouth. he checked the clock beside him, the red, digital numbers reading 12:30 A.M. jungkook was still at work, and taehyung wondered where he was now.

with the rumbling of the thunderstorm still roaring and the dark lights not helping at all, taehyung began to think of panicking thoughts. what if jungkook got in a car accident? would he be okay? taehyung hoped so, because he really cared for jungkook and his safety. what if he got tired of him? taehyung wouldn't be surprised if he left him, because he thought that he wasn't good enough for jungkook. he felt really insecure about his body, and he had no idea why Jungkook would choose him over some other person. what if he decided to go for someone else-

the sound of a doorknob unlocking and the opening of a door disrupted his thoughts from going any further, and he rushed out of the warmness of his blanket, flinging the door open, his eyes squinting a little when he was exposed to the sudden lights. he ran into jungkook's arms, sniffling after. jungkook himself was surprised of the abrupt interaction, but he quickly softened once he saw taehyung's petite body hugging him desperately. the older was wearing jungkook's oversized white shirt, the fabric sliding just past his shoulders and exposing his collarbones. he put down the umbrella he was holding, embracing taehyung in a gentle, yet firm hold.

"babe, why aren't you asleep?" jungkook fondly asked.

taehyung pouted, burying his head in the other's chest. "the t-thunderstorm scared me..." his voice was muffled, but jungkook could hear it clearly. "and i was w-wondering where you were."

jungkook slowly lifted taehyung's head, wiping away his tears that were gradually forming with his thumbs. "i'm sorry baby, my boss told me to stay an extra hour and there was a lot of traffic afterwards. it's okay, i'm here now, you don't have to worry anymore."

taehyung only sniffled in response, and jungkook picked him up, the latter curling his legs around the younger's waist, placing his head under his neck. jungkook hurriedly took off his shoes and held taehyung as he walked back to their shared room, placing his love on their bed delicately. he was about to trod over to their closet when taehyung pulled on his shirt, stopping him from doing so.

"no! d-don't leave me," he cried out.

"taehyung, i haven't even showered yet-"

the desperate whine emitting from taehyung's mouth cut jungkook off from finishing his sentence, his agitation immediately fading, his face softening at the sight.

he quickly reassured him, crouching down to where taehyung was sitting and intertwining their hands together. he kissed his forehead lovingly, and taehyung felt butterflies in his stomach, squeezing his hand with the other's.

another thunderclap made taehyung jump and cover up his face inside jungkook's muscular chest. his body was shaking fervently, and his eyes were shut tight. he was whimpering in fear, and jungkook attempted to calm him down by rubbing smooth circles onto his back, hushing him with his tranquil voice that taehyung always loved hearing when the sedated tone flooded into his ears.

"i'm not going to leave you, angel. you know that," jungkook shushed. "i'm just going to change, okay?"

a few serene seconds passed by, with no ill-sounding thunder bothering them. only the pitter-patter of the raindrops and the soft breathing of both males joined their silence, creating an atmosphere that jungkook wouldn't mind drowning endlessly in every single day with his beloved.

taehyung slowly but surely nodded, jungkook smiling warmly as he let go of their hands, the older clasping onto them at the last minute, frowning very slightly when their hands weren't touching each others' anymore. he watched as jungkook walked over to their closet, opening it while being greeted with different assortments of clothes, each one different than the last one.

taehyung blushed as jungkook began to undress, covering his face with his hands, his ears the only sense he could mostly use now. he could definitely overhear the sound of jungkook sliding his shirt off, followed by his pants after. his cheeks were tinted an even brighter red when he went over those thoughts. he turned his head around, his hands still covering his eyes and masking him from seeing jungkook. he could hear another shuffling sound, followed by something sliding over, to which taehyung presumed was skin being covered with a shirt, and finished with a content sigh.

jungkook slowly stepped towards taehyung, taking his hands off his face lightly, and he could finally see the former's face now. taehyung paid no attention to his surroundings as he pulled jungkook down onto their bed, getting into a comfortable position. 

they entwined their hands again, fingers brushing over each other's and clasping onto one another desperately. taehyung positioned his head in the crook of jungkook's neck, his silky hair tickling the younger's skin. the latter rested his chin on his lover's threads, letting go of their hands, much to taehyung's dismay, and instead wrapping his arms over taehyung's body and tightening his hold. the blushing male squirmed even closer, shyly tangling his leg over the other's.

a thunderclap roared throughout the room and a flash of lightning showed itself through the blinds covering the window, causing taehyung to yelp and tremble in fear. he shut his eyes, shuddering in panic. jungkook just held onto taehyung tightly, slightly smiling as he shushed him quietly, running his fingers through taehyung's hair and playing with the strands softly.

"it's okay, baby. you're okay," jungkook whispered to him, calming him down after a few minutes of whining.

and jungkook continued doing this to taehyung, snuggling him under the covers whilst radiating warmth throughout the entire thunderstorm. he continued whispering sweet nothings to taehyung, reducing his whimpering to a slight jolt afterwards. he continued carding his fingers through taehyung's silken hair, knowing how much the older loved that. he continued his actions until he heard the delicate snoring of taehyung's breath ghosting over his neck, grinning because of how cute his lover was and how he was so whipped for him.

jungkook continued falling in love with taehyung, even through the loudest thunderstorms.

fin.

// as a person who loves but hates thunderstorms at the same time, i had to write abt this at some point, lol.
hope you enjoyed !
— fluffy「♡」