y e a r s i x

"Blimey Sirius. They kicked you out?"

"More like I ran away."

"I'm glad you went to James."

"Where else would I go?"

"Well-"

"Sophia, we both know that your parents wouldn't want me staying there full time."

"I know. But I'm just glad that your finally out."

"Me too."

"I need to go change into robes. I'll be back."

"Alright. Be safe. I love you."

"I love you too."

"Why must you eat so much?"

"I'm a growing man."

"Sirius. Your 16."

"So? I still eat a lot."

"Whatever you say loser."

"You love me."

"Most days."

"Hey Sirius."

"What?"

"Have you ever thought about the future?"

"Yes of course."

"What do you see in it?"

"I see myself living in a mansion full of riches and very attractive maids."

"You've got to be joking."

"Of course I am. I see you and me with children running around and dancing in the kitchen and going to bed every night with you by my side."

"I really do love you."

"I know."

"What do you mean?"

"You have to listen to me. There's a very dark wizard on the rise. Me and James are joining an order of sorts to help stop him. We are still planning on finishing school of course, but the Order takes priority. I can't have you in harms way."

"You can't be serious. I'm not going to sit at home while you are out there risking your ass every other day. You must be a bloody idiot to think you can leave me behind."

"But Sophia-"

"Sirius no. I'm joining. I want to stop this. So we can go home. Make a future. But we don't really have a future unless we defeat him huh?"

"I suppose your right."

"I'm always right."

"That you are."

"Hey Sophia?"

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course. Anything."

"Why do you think my parents disowned me?"

"Sirius-"

"Please. Just answer me."

"I don't think they knew how to handle you. Not that you're to much to handle most days, but they couldn't handle someone who doesn't see purebloods as supreme. They couldn't handle diversity. Which is quite sad when you think about it."

"I know."

"Why do you ask?"

"I know they were really awful parents. But whenever someone starts to talk about their parents and how great they are- it hurts. I want that. I want my parents to love me. But they never will."

"Sirius. I know that I could never replace that hole in your chest. But you are loved. So much. Me, James, Remus and Peter would die for you. And don't you doubt that for a second."

"I love you."

"I know."

"Can you believe that we go home tomorrow?"

"No. But I hope you realize that I won't be going home this summer."

"What are you talking about Sophia?"

"We have to take down You-Know-Who. My parents already know. They are heartbroken but they understand. So I'll be living with Remus all summer."

"Why Remus?"

"We need to do research for the Order. Tons of it."

"And you can't stay with me?"

"Don't be silly. Of course I'll see you. Your birthday is in a couple weeks!"

"Blimey."

"What?"

"I just realized we never did anything for your birthday in February."

"Sirius it's really alright-"

"No it's not."

"Yes it is. It's just another birthday. And there was so much going on the only reason why I even knew it was my birthday was because of Lily."

"Really?"

"Yes. It's really alright."

"You truly are the best."

"I know."