Moving in

"Harry freaking Potter! I'm going to kill you!" Draco yelled from the bottom of the stairs. He heard a chuckle from the top. "Thanks for leaving the heavy boxes to me" Harry came hopping down the stairs. "It's because I know you can handle them... sike. Need some help weakling" he said picking up another larger box motioning for Draco to grab the other end. "I swear I don't know how these muggles do it."

"Well it's not my fault you blew up our last kitchen trying to use magic to cook. Now for the time being we can't use magic." Draco gave him a sharp look and replied, "I thought we agreed that was both of our faults Mr. Let's-see-if-we-can-magically-cook-the-frozen-pizza". They laughed as they got to the top. The had a nice little house with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen, and living room. It wasn't much buts it's not like the two of them needed much room.

"Once we get settled in, if we ever, I was thinking maybe you should invite Granger and Weasley over for the weekend. You know to break in the house" Harry looked at him shockingly.  "But where would they stay?" The boys started unloading the kitchen supplies.
"Well I don't want them invading my wonderfully made king sized memory foamed bed." He said boasting. "So I guess they can stay in your room and you can stay in mine." This is the second time Draco has shocked Harry in the past 10 minutes. "Or I can sleep on the couch." He mumbled. "Don't be silly"

Draco said switching on what he thought was a light switch. A loud grinding sound came out. He jumped back fearful. Harry just laughed. "Don't worry hotshot it's just the garbage disposal". 

He then went into the living room and started unpacking in there. Harry thought he heard him mumble 'muggles' or something under his breath causing a little smirk to grow on his face.

A few hours later Harry went to the store to get a few things like hooks and stuff to hang things up with. He got back to witness a frantic Draco. "Harry thank goodness your back. I don't know what happened. Suddenly everything was dark and I don't know what I did." Harry put his hands on his shoulders. "Draco calm down. Breathe. The power just went out. It's okay there's a storm coming. It's normal for this to happen. I'm going to go get some candles to light." Seeing as it was around 7 it was dark outside. Harry went to he kitchen fumbling through the cabinet looking for a lighter.

He then went upstairs looking for candles when he notices Draco following him. "Don't tell me you're scared of the dark Malfoy". He snickered. "Don't laugh. It's a childhood fear. And it's not just the dark. It's being alone in the dark" realizing he just shared something really personal he looked down kind of embarrassed. "It's alright. I'm here and I'm not leaving."

After finding the candles they went into the living room. Harry got out his battery powered radio while they listened to music and weather forecasts. They did that for another few hours and simply just talked. "You're sleeping in here aren't you?" Harry asked noticing his yawning. "Will you stay with me?" He asked innocently with huge puppy eyes. "Fine. Scoot over" he said crawling up on the couch from his position on the floor. Draco then curled into a ball with a blanket draped over him. Harry stayed awake reading for a while. He could hear draco's faint snores along with the rain tapping the roof. Eventually he started getting tired too so he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Around 8 when Harry woke up he noticed they changed positions. Draco was still curled up in a ball but his head was on his own shoulder. "Hey douchbag. Wake up. The power is back on" Harry said causing him to jerk awake. He had to admit to himself. Draco looked hot in the morning. His hair was messing and his voice was groggy. "What's for breakfast? I'm starving."  He said half awake. "You just woke up how could you be starving." They went to the kitchen and looked for food. "Well I think we need to go to the grocery story today. " Draco rolled his eyes. "There is literally no food in here. What am I supposed to do just eat ketchup?"

Later at the grocery store, their buggy was full. Draco insisted on getting healthy food because he can't lose his 'marvelous fit body' as he stated. "Tonight I can make chicken with rosemary and white wine". Draco stated with a smirk as usual. For a preppy kid he sure does know how to cook. "I'm glad you're the cook. If I didn't live with you, I'd probably eat cereal every night." Harry joked. As they were laughing they didn't notice an elderly man and woman listening to their conversation. "Damn gays. That's why this world is going to hell because of people like you." Draco and Harry just stood their shocked. "Well if everyone was homophobic like you hell would look like paradise compared to what the world would be" Draco shot back. The elderly couple walked away offended.

A few of the people standing by just watched. A young woman stepped forward and started clapping. As did a few people around her. "People shouldn't get shamed and ridiculed for loving someone that others think they shouldn't."
The other people eventually all left with smiles except one. She came up to Harry and Draco "so how long have you two been together" she asked "oh uh-" Harry started but Draco interrupted playfully. "Almost 3 years now. We met at school and I just couldn't let him get away" he put his arm around Harry's waist. "That's adorable" with that she left and Draco let go of Harry. He felt the emptiness around his body when he let go. 

"What was that?" He asked still laughing. "I don't know. I just thought it would be funny" Draco said barely containing his laugh. They paid and left the grocery store. On the way home they decided that this coming weekend would be great for Hermione and Ron to come over. Harry called her to confirm it and everything. They didn't know it but this weekend was going to be very interesting.