Chapter 8: The name game begins

(( hi guys!! Sorry I'm such a slow updater! Schools been busy and I'm working on the talent show. My group and I are going to dance to overdose. ^.^ anyway, can you all do me a fibre and read my new fan fiction "Kpop imagines" and leave a request? I promise I'll get to it! Ok love you all~ ))

11:30 pm.

Thirty minutes until midnight. I plan on making this a daily occurrence. Well, I don't really plan on it, but I feel like it's going to happen every night anyway..

Sorry Iris.

The lights in my room are off, and the curtains are drawn back. So here I am sitting in the dark. I'm sitting on my bed with my headphones on, listening to TVXQ, a group I really enjoy and look up to. I hope we'll be as popular as them one day.

I'm wearing a big white t-shirt, and my blue pajama pants with the cloud pattern. My silky hair is drawn back I to a ponytail on top of my head...

Manly, I know.

But I have to do this so it'll stay the way I want it to for tomorrow.

Ding!

My music is cut off momentarily by my text tone and I go to check it. It's from Chen.

'Are you gonna do it again?' It reads. I read it in his funny troll-ish voice that also reminds me of an angel.

''Maybe..' I reply, feeling a smile pull at my cheeks.

'Just don't get the cops called on you. I'm not bailing you out.' He replies, and I can't help but laugh quietly, as to not wake my parents up.

'Dont worry jongdae~ ㅋㅋㅋ" I type back then toss my phone to the side and check the time. I had gotten really absorbed in my music again and it's 11:50 already.

I peek out the window very inconspicuously and see Iris walking around in her room behind the curtains. Is she waiting for me to call her? Probably not... But a guy can dream huh?

No, a man.

Not a flower boy.

I wait as ten minutes seem to breeze by, then I pick up the landline and dial the number that I've already memorized.

One ring.

Two rings...

"Hello?" She says from the other line, not as annoyed as last time.

Well, that was quick.

"Hey." I say, sitting on my bed in the dark again.

"Ohhhhh, it's you again." She says, sounding amused oddly.

"Yep it's me again." I say, matching her happy tone. This is going better than expected.

"Hey, your voice is clearer than last time. Did you get rid of the serial killer cloth?" She asks, her voice peaking at the end of her question. It's cute, just like last time.

"Actually I did. How did you guess?" I can't help but laugh, and joins me.

There's a pause.

".... You're not Korean." She abruptly says. Now it's my then to pause.

"I'm right aren't I?!" She says, wounding proud.

"You're good..." I mutter and look at the ground. "How did you find out?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. I've lived in Korea quite a while, I thought I was good at Korean by now..

"It's just the slightest tone in your voice. A little Chinese dialect to your voice. Plus you accidentally said a couple of words in Chinese." I feel as if I can hear her smirk through the phone.

"Wow, you really are good. I guess I need to work on my Korean more. Or bring the "serial killer rag" back out." I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Hey, what's your name?" She pursues to ask me, with that adorable peak.

"I can't tell you..." I say softly.

"But I want to know you! You don't actually seem creepy. C'mon, you go to my school, you know I'll found out!" She says, getting angry and huffs at me.

"Sorry~" I say teasingly.

"What if I guess?" She asks.

"Huh?" I furrow my light eyebrows, confused.

"If I guess your name right, will you tell me that I'm right?"

"Hm I suppose so. Guess away." My name isn't very common, so I don't think she'll get it. I smirk confidently.

"Ah? Ai? An?" She begins listing off names, starting with simple names that begin the the letter A.

"Nope, nope, and nope." I begin laughing again. She'll never get it at this pace.

"B-" she begins to start b-names, but I cut her off.

"Sorry, only one letter per phone call." I decide to delay her, so it'll take her even longer to find out. I'm feeling smart today.

"What? Is this some sort of game?" Iris asks me, and I can hear her plop on her bed.

"It is now." I lay down, looking at the curtains, wishing I could tell her who I am, wishing she would jump into my arms. Etc, etc...

She suddenly hangs up. Surprised, I call her back.

"Hey what was that for?" I ask, feeling slightly hurt that she would end the call like that.

"Bi, Bao, Biming?" She immediately starts listing again.

"Hey!" I say, then laugh at myself. Wow, I really fell for that. She laughs with me.

"Pabo, I knew you'd fall for that~" she cooes, reading my mind.

"Ah whatever. Oh, and by the way. Nope, no, and no." I yawn and rub my eyes.

"I thought it was Bao for sure. You sound like a Bao." She pouts.

"Well, I'm not a Bao. Mianhe~ well I'm off to sleep. Talk to you tomorrow." I say and smile.

"Yeah yeah yeah." She says and I end the call then roll over.

Am I getting in too deep?

(( how do you like this chapter? Please like and comment so I know that you all are liking this story!~ ^.^ ))