Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Rose's POV

"My...... Life?" I looked at him incredulously. "God. Cam are you insane?" I yelled at him. He flinched and looked at me like he missed something.

"What the hell did I do?" He asked me clenching his jaw.

"You want to break up with me to save my life! You're lying to me. I can't believe that is your reasoning." I screamed at him from the top of my lungs.

Cam stood there and his eyes flamed with anger. His muscles tensed. He took in breaths heavily through his nose to calm himself down.

"You think I'm lying?!" He roared at me. This time it was my turn to
flinch.

"Yes." I pushed his hard chest. He wasn't expecting it so he stumbled back a little bit.

He looked at me with hurt in his eyes.

"After everything, you think I would lie to you? Rose, I'm in love with you!" Cam screamed at me.

I screamed as loud as I could in frustration. It was like I couldn't connect to my mind. My brain was distant.

"I am so sick of people saying they love me, Cam. I lost my mom. I thought she would never leave me. I've went through an abusive dad and now your saying people are out to kill me Cam! I can't go through with this. My life is already freaking messed up enough!" I screamed at him.

I looked at him. He ran his hands through his hair in anger.

"You don't think I know that, Rose? Why do you think I was willing to break up with you! Obviously you need a safe haven in your life Rose. And obviously being with me isn't going to do that for you. I don't want to put you through anything. It kills me to think that your life is on the line just because of me. These people are not after you. They are after me and they will try to hurt anything close to me. I can't let that be you, Rose." Cam said seriously. I could look him in his eyes and know how much it was hurting him.

"So I guess this is over now. We're done?" I asked. It felt like my heart was screaming out in agony. I felt a few tears stream down my face.

Cam rushed over and held my face in his hands.

"Rose please don't cry. I love you and I always will. I just can't put you through this anymore." Cam said with tears in his own eyes.

"But Cam, what if being with you is worth everything that could happen." I said and looked up in his eyes.

"Rose please stop. Your making this harder than it has to be. I want you to move on and find a good guy. Someone better than me." Cam said to me while looking into my eyes.

"Cam there is no one better for me, than you." I said to him.
Cam smiled sadly and kissed my forehead.

"Rose even if that is true. Find your close second." Cam said.

This really was it. Cam and Rose, Cameron and Rosedal, are over.
I leaned up and pecked his lips for the last time.

I took the precious piece of jewelry off my hand. Cam looked away from me. He was heartbroken and in pain. I could tell by the way he was standing and it was written all over his face.

I placed the promise ring in his hand and watched as he looked down at it.

"I love you Cameron." I whispered to him and walked away from him.
As I was out of his sight, the tears just flowed and flowed.
I walked back inside the dance studio.