||chapter two||

The closet door slid shut as I held the child in my arms.

The screams and hollers could be heard from outside, along with glass shattering to the floor.

"Danny, I've given you chance after chance. Th-this is the last time you hurt me or anybody else."

I squeezed my eyes shut pulling Mina closer. Her cries cooled down as everything became silent.

"Sophia put the gun-"

Three shots.

Three ear piercing shots were fired with footsteps following moments later. The doors opened wide as the dim light became more clear. My mothers face came into sight, pale with cuts and bruises ruining her gorgeous skin. She slightly smiled, pushing my hair behind my ear.

"Everythings gonna be okay now, Obie. Me, you, and Ava are going to be just fine. Daddy can't hurt us no more."

She sniffed wiping the wetness from her face and pulling my sister and I into a warm hug.

That was the last time I saw my mother.

The last childhood memory with her.

It was nothing special, hell even far from special if you ask me.

But It was the last thing I remember of her.

You probably wonder, How can you live with a memory like that stuck in the back of your mind.

and it's simple.

I grew up, officially at the age of 15. Walked out of the house and never looked back. Andy was the one who took me in. Fed me, gave me shelter, and for the while, provided me with anything that I needed. He was my everything. You could call it complicated, him being 6 years older than me and us being a couple and all. But I was fine with it, and so was he. It was when Andy's best friend died in a tragedy did he begin to change. His smile slowly began to fade, and his beautiful eyes suddenly became more dark than ever. Drugs, drugs, and more drugs. It was all he wanted. And if he didn't get them, then well. Basically, what would happen led to me being here. In some small town I don't know the name of, drowning in the white duvets of a hotel they call "Carange Hall".

My phone has been ringing nonstop but I know if I answer it, Andy will somehow manage to find me.

That being something I honestly don't need.

Mom would always tell me, "don't run away from your fears". But one more late night, drunken beating and I'm sure I'd be dead.

Death. I don't see why I'm running away from it. It seems that I'd be better off dead than alive.

Ugh, crappy update. Promise to the 4 or 5 readers I have next chapter I will try to make it better xD Comment, Vote, and Share (: Feedback is definitely needed and would just be awesome. Thanks so much

-KJ

P.S: Thank you @_teenagers for the ammmmmmmmmmmazing cover. c:

And also thank you @wefariwe64 for making me a trailerrrr