Chapter Thirty Two

Começar do início

I laughed. "Thank you. And you too."

She was looking beautiful in her off shoulder, black gown that hugged her curves. I quickly dragged Mercy close to me. "Temi meet my cousin I told you about. Her name is Mercy." I introduced the two.

Temi looked wow as if she saw something magical. "I like your stature. Are you a model? You are so beautiful."

"No," Mercy replied and smiled at her. "And thanks. It's really nice meeting you too. You are very beautiful as well." She said.

Temi hugged her very quickly still smiling. "Guess I will start telling the guys in my family to come over and pick one. You guys are assets."

We laughed because we knew we were just teasing ourselves.

But wait...

Temi had never said she liked my stature.

Suzy, are you jealous?

Jealous? She's just trying to say she can't be fat like me.

"Okay guys, come in, come in," she ushered us in. We entered and from my right side, three cars were parked there. I didn't know much about cars but from my left side, I could see Hyundai and Camry parked beside each other. But without anyone saying a word to me, I knew those cars would be expensive if not very. As we were going, Temi spoke up.

"You guys should feel at home. Mom and Dad are not around except from my brother," she informed us. We walked through a passage and we saw Temi removed her fancy slippers at one side. Immediately, we removed our sandals too.

"Feel at home," she said again as we took our seat on the brown leather settee. Big Samsung TV was displaying cartoon which was meant for little children. Immediately, I recognised Sofia the first. I couldn't believe Temi still watch cartoon at this age?

"Mercy, Suzy, that's my elder brother over there." She pointed to a guy not far from us. He sat at a corner working on a laptop. Common 'hi' he couldn't say to us.

"Please don't mind his attitude for not saying hi." Temi apologised as if she knew what I was complaining in my mind about. "He's just like that whenever he's on his laptop. Nothing matters to him anymore because his full concentration is only on that thing," she explained. "Just a minute please," she excused herself.

Well, we weren't there for him anyways. Temi came back with a small tray each. She brought Mercy and I a glass each and poured the juice she brought for us. "Victoria, and Debbie would soon join us. They are already on their way," she announced. "Enjoy your juice while I quickly change to a new dress."

I tried to take my time and looked at her brother again. It was very obvious he was in his early twenties. Either twenty one or twenty two. His face looked very young, but his stature was saying something else. I couldn't guess how tall he could be because he was sitting down. I could only see his broad shoulder from the blue Jersey he was putting on, and his fitted body popping out of it. It was very obvious he gym a lot.

Suddenly, a loud laughter came out from him, getting our attention, but then, heavy footsteps were coming towards the sitting room and before I knew it, I heard a familiar voice screamed my name.