Chapter eighteen

At four in the evening, the school lesson was finally over. Rose and I sat together the whole day. We had so much fun, and quote some verses in the Bible. Walking towards the first hostel gate, some guys and girls as usual greeted me. The truth of it remains, I didn't push further than replying them with 'hello'. I was always on my own. I entered the girls hostel, passing the security who was busy with her phone.

Climbing two stairs to the corridor, my phone vibrated, telling me I have a message. I thought to myself..

Victor finally has my time..

A smile spread on my lips. As I brought out my phone, I felt disappointed. The name I saw on my screen was not what I expected to see.

Sister Blessing

About getting to my room, I tried putting back my phone inside my pocket, when I felt a soft body like mine hit me, and my phone fell. When I finally looked up, she was smiling holding my phone. At that instant, I felt irritated. "Please I'm sorry," she handed my phone back to me. There was something familiar about her, but can't say. "You're Suzy James right?" She asked, trying to study me.

I nodded, giving her a strange look.

"I'm really sorry," she said again. "I'm Daniella Philip." The name rang a bell.

So this is she..

"I'm one of the ss3 students that registered in Crown school for the WAEC examination."

"How can I help you?" I knew I sounded so rude, but was she expecting me to jump on her? She ignored it, and continued, "Actually, Victor told me you're his best friend, and I've been looking forward to meet you in person whenever you guys resumed."

Best friend!

Victor told her I'm his best friend..

I pondered. Was that how he sees me? In order not to make Daniella feel more bad, I quickly brought out my hand to shook hers. "It's nice meeting you Daniella, or should I call you senior Daniella?"

She looked at me strangely then smile. God! I saw it. The smile was fake. It wasn't reaching her face. "Daniella is fine by me. And it's my pleasure to finally meet you one on one. Guess you're also in room six."

"Hmm, yes." I nodded.

"That's good." She sent me one of her insincere smiles. "I hope we become great friends before next week."

Great!

That must be a slip of tongue.

I nodded in reply. I felt so uncomfortable standing there with her. She was nothing compared to Betty. You could see through Betty, but I couldn't sense anything about her, except knowing every smile she sent my way was damn fake. She waa fake.

She left, and I just stood there, watching her back. She was of average height like me. Her dark complexion added more beauty to her. Her long eye lashes flashed at me numerous times, but she was not that pretty. Not definitely like Betty. Though she was not the skinny type, and neither was she fat. Her hips were to die for. Everything about her was exactly meant for her.

There was nothing else to think, Victor likes her. They must have got along so great during the holidays, having great time together. Finally made my way inside the room, straight to my corner. I removed my uniform, shoes, socks, and fell flat on the bed. I was so tired to think of her anymore. I drew my pillow closer, and closed my eyes to rest.