beautiful beginnings// dayley

@dwtsdreams asked for the birth of dayleys first child, but i added a twist that they were adopting, i'll try to stay similar

hayley tapped her feet nervously through the entire car ride and only calmed down when her husband placed his hand on her knee

"babe, positive thoughts." derek laughed.

"i'm just so excited to meet him." hayley sighed.

"i know hay, i know."

they drove the rest of the way in a comfortable silence. upon arrival, they got out and walked up to the 8th floor, and stood in the waiting room pacing until they heard their child's mother was prepping to push. they both were cleaned and scrubbed, heading into the delivery room holding hands. the mother whom they were adopting from was a young girl named Riley. they smiled at her.

"how are you feeling?" hayley beamed, squeezing rileys hand.

"nervous for delivery, but so excited for you guys." riley half smiled.

"we cannot thank you enough." derek gushed.

"can i ask something?" riley whispered.

they both nodded.

"i thought i should feel bad for giving him up, but i feel happy for him and you. i know you'll give him what i never could."

"that's not bad, that's responsible." hayley teared up. "you gave a child the gift of life, which was something i couldn't do."

"you guys are so incredible." riley spoke through tears. "and you're gonna give him an amazing eighteen years, which i haven't even given myself, let alone someone else."

they all shared a hug and once again fell into a comfortable silence.

a cry filled the small delivery room, and the silence was broken. the child was handed to derek and a nurse, who cut the umbilical cord, and the baby was then immediately placed on hayley's chest. it was an intimate moment for the family, and derek's eyes welled with tears. hayley cooed and whispered to the baby, "hi little man, i'm your mommy. and that's your handsome daddy. this is just the beautiful beginning of it all, mr. walker riley hough."