lucky to love you// chmergess

for 

val and sharna on vacation when they revive bad news from maks

sharna and val sat, snuggled on the couch of their hotel room in beautiful Vancouver, enjoying the sights. she had rested her head on his lap and fell asleep not shortly after. val smiled at her and continued to watch their tv show. she slept peacefully for a while until val carried her to bed, tucking her in and retuning to the couch. he turned the volume of the tv down when his phone rang loudly. he picked it up quickly to not wake sharna and saw that it was maks.

"hey maks." val answered in a whisper.

"when's your flight home val?" maks rushed.

"uhh, two days from now." val answered.

"you've gotta come home now." maks frantically yelled.

"what is it?" val asked nervously.

at this point sharna was fully awake and trying to listen to her fiancé's phone call.

"woah, maks, stay calm. we will be on our way as soon as we can get a flight. tell mama that i'm doing my best." val frowned and hung up the phone, sitting down with his head in his hands. sharna came over and kissed the back of his head.

"need to talk?" she whispered and rubbed his back.

"sweetheart, i love you, and don't take this the wrong way, but no." he started to tear up.

"that's okay babe. whenever you're here i'm ready." she nodded.

"what did i do to deserve you?"

"you love me so well." she explained.

"i'm so lucky to love you." val lifted his head for a brief kiss.

"wanna tell me now?" sharna asked.

"it's my grandma, she's in the hospital." he got visibly upset again.

"hey, she's just like her grandson, one of the strongest people. she'll be okay, she has love from you too."

"does that help?" val asked.

"being loved by valentin chmerkovksiy is pure magic. she'll be better just seeing you." sharna kissed his cheek.

"thanks again sharna. now i've gotta look for some flights."