Love 101 (EXO Lay)

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, love!" He says. Looking at his watch, he grimaces. "Oh, I got to go. The Anthropology lecturer is so gonna bust me up if I am late to his class again." He sighs. "Anyway, thank you again!" Grabbing his bag, he nonchalantly rubs her head, like how a brother treats a sister.

"Bye." Deep in her heart, she hopes he really knows how she feels about him.

***

"Hello? Is this Yoon Ah?"

A soft voice is heard on the other line. "Yes, speaking. Who is this?"

Her heart beats loudly, now that the person who used to be close to her is actually talking to her again. "It's me, Kyra."

"Kyra?"

A plausible silence. She hears nothing but the sharp breath.

"Oh dear, it's been a while, isn't it?"

Fiddling with her hair, her feet
start to feel numb. It has been really quite a while. Not to let awkwardness takes control of the situation, she decides to break the silence.

"About three years, wasn't it? How are you doing now?"

A small laugh echoes. "Not much. Just the usual stuff, like eating, sleeping and studying."

You mean copying? Her heart asks, but these words don't come out of her mouth. Thank God, or else she'd be smashing his chance to go out with this girl right then.

"Ah. I see. Cool." Now she's literally has nothing more to say. How is she supposed to tell her enemy that her own crush is secretly admiring her? That's like receiving double slaps on one's face.

Mustering all her courage, she quickly suggests, "Shall we hang out then?"

"That'd be great! We can catch up with our stories. You must have a lot going on with your life."

Yeah, which includes you.

"Sure. By the way, there's someone I'd like you to meet."

"Really? My, who is it?"

It aches her to even say his name. "You'll know when you see him later."

"A surprise then, huh? Alright. So where shall we meet at?"

"How about at the subway after 5pm on tomorrow? Are you free?"

"5pm, isn't it? Yeah, I am. See you soon."

"See you."

She flips the phone and throws it across the bed. A soft sigh escapes her lips.

***

"Is he going to come, after all?" Yoon Ah curiously asks, twirling with her curly hair dyed in dark purple.

"I think he's going to. Well, he promised." She gulps down a large amount of saliva down her throat. "By the way, you look nice with that haircolour."

"Thanks." Yoon Ah responds with a curt reply, giving her a smile.

Now that she has nothing more to say, it feels like the situation is getting more and more awkward. Both of them are now looking around at the place. At the same time, Kyra jumps on her feet to spot Lay among these busy looking people. Some guy who is passing by winks at Yoon Ah, which is shortly replied by a smile.