Getting Somewhere

Chapter 8

A/N: Enjoy the show...

           After the try-outs had ended the crowd had slowly made their way back  outside, the five captains were back together, which only left the  bodyguards to be reunited with their royals. For some reason, Zoro  almost felt as though he couldn't wait to see the prince. Even though he  technically saw him that morning.
          He followed Kid  and the others back down to were the thrones were set, all the other  bodyguards stood somewhere else. The reason Zoro was always around Kid  and the other four guards, was because he was the bodyguard of the  prince, and they were the guards for the king, all the other bodyguards  were for the nobles, so they were stationed closer to where the nobles  sat. Simple as that. (Get it? Got it? Good. Moving on...)
           Zoro spotted prince Sanji standing before his uncle. He was about to  walk up to him when he heard the king speaking to him. As a bodyguard,  he was not allowed to walk in the middle of the king's conversation. So  he halted and waited for him to finish. Unable to help himself, he heard  nearly everything, he listened.
          "I'm glad those friends of  yours made it kid. They may prove useful." There was a pause,  "Listen..." he began again, "I know you're still be mad at me," Sanji  rolled his eyes and groaned slightly, "Here me out kid. I know you're  still mad, but I want you to forget about it for the time being."
          "But you will make sure that it won't happen right?"
           "Mm..." the king paused once again, "I'll see what I can do. But you  are to forget about it for now, and speak of it to no one." The young  blond prince looked to the ground.
          "Yes sir."
           "Now! For next week..." As the king said this, Sanji's head popped up  again, a smile on his face, King Zeff continued, "The plans are  finished, I did as you said, so now anyone from all across Grand Jipang  will come to the celebration!"
"Celebration?" Zoro thought, "That's right that freak (referring to Kid) mentioned something about it."
          "Thanks old man you're the best!" Sanji beamed, snapping Zoro away from his thoughts for a moment.
"That smile..." Zoro clenched his clothes above his heart, "Dumb prince..." He blushed. Just as he did so the king just so happened to turn around.
           "You. Boy. Come here." He gestured for Zoro to come forth. He didn't  have a choice. Praying his blush didn't show, he stood before the king.  He was a little nervous, he had never seen the king up close before, he  was able to get a good long look at him, "You're the bodyguard for my  nephew yes?" asked the king. Kid and the others watched a little  surprised as Zoro replied.
          "Yes your majesty, I am."
           "Ha! I thought so. He talks about you a lot." Zoro snatched a glance at  the other boy, who as looking in all directions but his. And much to  Sanji's dismay and embarrassment the king continued, "Yeah I remember  now, he said you had a head like moss! HA HA! He was right!"
          "WHA?" Zoro face tightened up, he wasn't sure if he was mad or embarrassed. Sanji was exactly the same.
           "...And that you were quite strong." Then he did something VERY  unexpected. He leaned in, and nudged Zoro in the stomach, saying, "I  think he may be in love with ya kid."
          "OKAY! THANK YOU UNCLE ZEFF!!!" Sanji interrupted with lightning speed, "We'll be leaving now!" Sanji started off.
          Zoro was so shocked he forgot he had to leave with the prince. Zeff cleared his throat.
          "Get going brat before I fire you," he joked.
          "Uh, yes sir... thank you sir!" Zoro bowed quickly and was off, following the prince.

           The rest of the day was strange for the two of them. They barely spoke.  But, eventually, while they were in the courtyard, Sanji felt compelled  to apologize, "Hey..."
          "Hm? Yes your highness?" Zoro stopped walking as the prince did so.
           "I apologize, for... what my uncle said back there." This made them  both blush again, "But I must confess..." At these words Zoro's heart  began to beat harder.
          "Y-yeah?"
          "Well... I did  say all those things about you. The moss head part too." Zoro mumbled  at this. That was the only part he didn't like, "I do think that you're  strong... and..." This was very hard for the blond haired prince, and he  made it was obvious, "I think that you're really nice. And... I..." he  drifted off. The bodyguard's face became serious, the blush was gone. He  stood in his full length.
          "What?" he asked, his voice deep. Sanji stammered.
           "I...I mean...I, you know..." He still couldn't bring himself to say  it. That's when Zoro began to advance toward him. Every step he took  forward, Sanji would take one back, till the point where his back was up  against one of the pillars of the courtyard. It was as if they were  trying to reenact that one night. But this time was different.
          "You what?" he asked, his voice husky.
           "I..." They stared into each other's eyes. Zoro stared at the beautiful face before him, then, his dark eyes slowly moved down to the prince's thin lips. Sanji could feel his hot breath on his lips.
           Zoro drew nearer, Sanji's body flinched as he felt warm hands grab his waist, "Is... is he gonna...?" Sanji thought, his mind racing, "Do I want him to kiss me?" He gave it some thought, though it didn't take very long, "I... I do. I want him to kiss me..."  He was begging for it now, "Zoro," he said out loud, half whispering,  half moaning. To hear his name in such a way, drove Zoro off the edge.  Instead of smacking the blond on the lips with a kiss, he hugged him and brought him in tight. Sanji was surprised at first, and, let's face it,  a little disappointed, but he wasn't left without a kiss... Zoro buried  his face in Sanji's neck and gave his soft skin a light kiss. If that  wasn't enough he whispered in his ear, sending chills down his spine,  "Forgive me your majesty..." Sanji's eyes shook as he heard the soft  words being spoken, "I don't feel the same way..." He then pulled away.  Sanji's precious face was full of confusion. His eyes shook.
           "W... What?" the prince's voice was quiet. Zoro took a step back, then  bowed to him, without making any eye contact. He then walked off, and  disappeared into the palace, leaving the young prince alone and  bewildered.

          He stood there for a moment. Then closed his mouth, and lowered his head, "Why?" he asked, his voice  cracking, "Why?" He bit his lip and walked briskly. As he walked his  heart ached, and his mind raced. He went to the only place that he could  think of, the gardens of course. He knew it like the back of his hand.  Sitting in the middle of the maze, he gazed into his reflection in the  small pond, his only companions were the fish swimming under the water.  He clenched his teeth, "That stupid bodyguard. How could he say  something like that?" He thought about it, the whole moment replaying in  his mind, "What should I do." The picture of Zoro's face getting closer  and closer to his, and his lips slightly spread apart made him blush  all over again, "I can't just go and look for him. He said... he didn't  feel the same way! I bet he's thinking what a pervert I am, crushing on a  guy like that. Ugh, I'm the one who's stupid! He most-likely hates me  now. He'll be treating me strange for the rest of my life now!" He  buried his face in his hands at the thought of it. Then it hit him, "I  know! I'll apologize and tell him that it was foolish and too forget all  about it! Yeah! That way things won't be weird forever!" He stood to  his feet and rushed off...
          He was able to reach the room of his bodyguard. "I think he should be in here. The sun is down now so he should be preparing for bed..." he thought to himself as his hand extended out to grab the handle. Just then he realized, "If I tell him it was a foolish idea, then he'll never know how I really feel about him. And if that happens..." he bit his lip again, "We'll never be... anything more than just a bodyguard and a prince..." For a brief moment, he pulled his hand away, "No. I have to tell him. Because if I don't then things will never be better."  Seizing the handle, he turned it and pulled the door open, "Zoro-" he  stopped himself. His eyes widened. There, standing before him, was Zoro,  who just so happened to be shirtless. Both looked surprised. Sanji  swallowed hard, his face turning a deep shade of pink, "I-I'm sorry."  But as soon as his mussels began to move to close the door, he felt a  strong grip around his arm. And the next thing he new he was being  pulled into the room.
          BAM! He hit the floor, "Ugh! H-Huh?"  He slowly opened his eyes, which burst open again as he watched Zoro  stand before him then slam the door shut. They gazed at each other for a  moment. Just as Sanji was about to say something, Zoro got down on his  hands and knees and hovered over the blond. Zoro blushed because Sanji  was blushing. Sanji was blushing because Zoro was blushing. It was  quiet. Soon Zoro couldn't take the prince's pink face any longer. He  then lowered himself to whisper in the boy's ear.
          "I'm  sorry your highness... for those cruel words. It was wrong of me." He  then looked into his eyes once again. Sanji's big blue eyes remained  wide as he felt Zoro's warm hand against the side of is face, "Will you forgive me?" he asked looking into those blue eyes. The prince slowly  put his own hands on the swordsman's face.
          "Of course." He then pulled him into a hug, and they stayed that way for several minutes.
          When they did  part, Sanji smiled at his bodyguard and the bodyguard gave him a smirk.  Zoro got back on his knees, stood to his feet, then helped the prince.
          "Thank you," Sanji said quietly.
          "It's my duty after all. I have to take care of the prince."
           "Good for you," the prince smirked. As Sanji opened the door and was  about to leave he turned back to the green haired young man, "Hey.."  Zoro looked at him once more as Sanji said, "Nice abs..."  He shut the  door, leaving behind a blushing Zoro.

A/N: Sanji  is me. ANYWHO! It was a small chapter but uh... WE'RE FINALLY GETTING  SOMEWHERE PEOPLE!!!! Keep reading to find out what happens next.