1- Gabe

"If he wants to pass this year, his grades this second semester have to be really phenomenal."
-
     I wake up thinking of my moms phone conversation with my counselor. I know I'm not doing the best in school and it feels like I don't even care for it anymore. My mom's the one who decided to move us to a different district and she blames me for everything. She hasn't technically said that but I can see it on her face. I see the way she hates looking at me and it always makes me wonder if she just hates me in general.
     I get up grabbing my clothes and going out to the bathroom. The house is smaller, way smaller than our house before but my moms proud she got it on her own so I guess that's worth alot for her. My brothers have to share a room which I know they hate and my sister is with my mom which she loves, shes a little mommas girl. I'm the only one with my own room and I don't know if its because I got lucky or because they all want me to figure out whatever is wrong with me and don't want to be caught in the crossfire.
    "Good morning Gabey!" I smile and grab her, picking her up.
    "Morning Princess." She hugs me tight, sometimes I feel like she's the only one who doesn't see me any different, her and Kevin.
   "Mom told me to tell you, she told me that, I had to tell you that she wants to talk to you downstairs." I laugh at how she's telling me. I put her down and she runs into the bathroom, so much for my shower.
    She'll probably want to talk to me about my grades. I pretended to fall asleep last night so she wouldn't and it worked. I walk down to the kitchen and don't see anybody. I grab bread and put it in the toaster.
    "Morning." I turn around and my mom is dressed in probably the fanciest thing she has, so this talk is probably not about my grades.
    "Going somewhere?"
    "I have court with your father." I turn around to check on the toast but really I just don't want to talk about this with her. "I wanted to know if you're going to the after school tutoring session. You've missed the last 5 and well I know it's been hard but baby you need to work on your grades. You're behind and that's expected and it's not your fault but it's time to get back to normal."
    "Alright I'll go. Uh is uh dad coming here after?"
    "Now why would he do that?"
    "Oh no its fine I just uh I havent talked to hi-" The toast pops up and I jump. I hear my mom giggle and she hands me a plate. I take the toast and my mom is already off to check on Ellie or Kevin.
-
The day goes slowly as usual, I zone out in most of my classes and then my thoughts go back to everything. I usually start shaking and I can't control it. It stops when the teacher or a student notices and I'm asked to step out and then I'm a laughing stock. I've gotten used to it so it's not like it matters anymore to me. I think all the teachers think its an excuse to get out of class but I'd give anything to just be able to sit through a class and learn.