Why do bad things happen to good people?

4 years later

Robin's POV

I watched as the blade sliced through his skin, coming out of nowhere from the darkness.

"Aqualad!" I yelled, running towards him.

The Atlantean only grunted in reply as he fell to the ground, blood spilling onto the floor.

I almost got to him before the spot light clicked, and I was in darkness again, my feet running over nothing but the concrete floor.

I heard a scream to my right. Megan. I instantly started sprinting blindly in the direction of the scream. Only to be stopped when the blood curdling voice behind me uttered the words that made me shudder.

"Help... Rob..."

Wally. The click. The spotlight. The illuminated body on the ground. The sword.

The speedster stopped moving altogether once his head hit the ground.

Even when the spotlight turned off the image was still etched in my mind.

Tears welled up as I tried to tell myself it was all a nightmare. Just a bad dream. This couldn't be possible. But the burning in my side that came shortly after told me otherwise. The blood leaking out of my side and leg, dripping to the floor was real. I hit the ground as the deep, controlled laughter echoed off the walls, triggering memories.

It was a nightmare come true.
-----------------------------------------
So, this is how I'm going to leave you. Might as well go out with a bang right?

That's right I'm going on hiatus. For multiple reasons. School is going to be starting back up for me, and I'm also in a sport, not only now but in the spring too. Needless to say I'm gonna be busy.

I'm kinda stuck with this book too. I'm having some transition problems, and I'm making even more problems for myself with this chapter... but this will give me time to work it out.

Finally, the chapter before this was an authors note, where I asked for some feedback on whether this book was worth continuing or not. And I'd like to thank @ShadowMark007 and @captivatingjoy for voting and giving me some sort of feedback so far.

So with that I bid you farewell...

For now

😈🤓Stay Whelmed🤓😈