death note

(A/N- i do not own death note or any of its characters. all rights go to Tsugumi Ohba) 

*the death note manga sold over 30 million copy's world wide but the identity of the author of the manga still remains unknown. All we know is his name "Tsugumi Ohba" and that he was born in Tokyo. Many people say that his behavior and identity is similar to "L" from the manga.

*death note was at one point banned in china because so many kids where buying there own death notebooks and writing the names of people they disliked in them such as acquaintances and teachers.

*when the characters Mello and Near where created by Ohba, he had considered making them not just L's proteges, but his actual sons. this is why there personalities were less distinct, when they first appeared in the manga. the idea was later nixed, and Near and Mello where were finally given distinct personality's and and unique backgrounds.

*you may not have noticed, but when Light saw the death note fall in the first episode, it lands with the cover facing downwards, but when Light goes to pick up the death note the front cover is facing upwards. 

*in the original death note pilot manga, there's a special tool called the death eraser, that can erase the names in the death note and revive all the people that have been killed by the death note.