Part 2

Sam's POV:

I woke up in bed, cold and alone. Every morning I wake up, take a warm shower, and then eat breakfast in my boxers. Sometimes I'll just walk around naked. I don't care anymore, there's no need to get dressed if I live alone. For breakfast, I made myself a bowl of cereal, and I had some strawberry Greek yogurt.

I sat down and started watching television for awhile. When I got up to get a snack I looked through my cupboards and my refrigerator and realized that I really haven't been shopping in a while. My fridge was practically empty, except for a gallon of milk, one last yogurt cup and a few beers.

So I got dressed in some sweatpants and a hoodie, slipped on some shoes and proceeded out to my car. I haven't even been in my car in awhile, I've been walking to clubs or calling an uber so I could avoid drinking and driving. Before I was able to leave the parking lot, my phone began buzzing in my pocket and I took it out revealing Andrea's cellphone number.

"Hello?" I answered

"Hey, where are you?" She asked, I couldn't help but wonder why she was asking, I haven't talked to her in like a week.

"I'm in my car, just about to leave to go to the grocery store." I replied.

"Can you stay there for a few, I have to talk to you?" Um I do think you're talking to me right now but alright.

"Yeah, sure." I turned off the car and she hung up the phone.

I opened the car door and walked back up to my apartment. I sat on the couch and waited for her, she knows she can walk right in so I don't have to worry about getting up to answer the door. After ten minutes the door opened and Andrea finally walked in.

"Hey." She greeted.

"What's up?" I sat forward on the couch.

"Um, so..." she sat down next to me on the couch. "I know this might be a touchy subject for you, but Stuart wanted me to tell you, and maybe you could help." She began, she looked nervous for some reason.

"Stuart?" I asked, who's Stuart?

"Stuart Camp, Ed's manager." She replied. My heart immediately dropped to my stomach. What would Stuart want Andrea to tell me? I gulped. "He wanted me to... um... Ed is suicidal, Sam." I put my head down and she continued. "He's in the hospital right now and the doctors want to get him the help he needs but he refuses to get it. Stuart thought maybe you could talk him into agreeing to get help."

"You want me to convince him to agree to be sent away? To a mental institution or a psych ward or something?" I ask, a little disgusted. She just looked at me, she clearly knows that I'm upset. "That's not what he needs, he needs someone to be there for him."

"I know, but can you at least talk him into talking his anti-depressants and going to therapy?" Anti-depressants? Therapy? What the hell? She looked really concerned for him, even though she doesn't really like him. "Please? Stuart is really worried about him."

I thought about it for a minute. "Uh... yeah, sure. I'll talk to him." I stood up and walked towards the door. "Lets go."

~

We arrived at the hospital and parked in the parking lot. Andrea and I got out of her car and walked to the front doors of the hospital. As the doors opened a big whiff of what smelled like rubbing alcohol mixed with latex gloves flooded my nostrils. I haven't been in a hospital in a while, not since Ed broke his wrist. I wasn't expecting to have to talk to Ed again so soon. I was hoping I wouldn't have to for awhile.