Who Is She?: Year 2

Start from the beginning

"He didn'!" Hagrid snarled, his coal black eyes glinting.

"He did. But i don't know what it means. I could tell it was really rude, of course --" Hermione started.

Ron looked up again.

"It's about the most insulting thing he could think of. Mudblood's a really foul name for someone who is Muggle-born -- you know, non-magic parents. There are some wizards -- like Malfoy's family -- who think they're better than everyone else because," A slug fell out of his mouth and he threw it into the bucket, "they're what people call pure-blood. I mean, the rest of us know it doesn't make any difference at all. Look at Neville Longbottom, he's a pure-blood and he can hardly stand a cauldron the right way up."

"An' they haven't invented a spell our Hermione can' do," Hagrid grinned.

The said girl flushed, cheeks stained red.

"It's a disgusting thing to call someone. Dirty blood, see. Common blood. It's ridiculous. Most wizards these days are half-blood anyway. If we hadn't married Muggles we'd've died out," Ron got out, diving back under the table.

"I can't believe he said that! Of all the insults he picked that." Amisty growled under her breath, digging her nails in her hand.

No one heard her.

"Well, I don' blame yeh fer tryin' ter curse him, Ron. Bu' maybe it was a good thing yer wand backfired. 'Spect Lucius Malfoy would've come marchin' up ter the school if yeh'd cursed his son. Least yer not in trouble," Hagrid spoke a tad louder than normal so his voice could be heard over the vulgar splats of the slugs dropping in the bucket.

Amisty thought about it.

It was most likely true, but the thought of Mr. Malfoy's face matching Draco's furious expression made her laugh quietly.

"Harry. Gotta bone ter pick with yeh. I've heard you've bin givin' out signed photos. How come I haven't got one?" Hagrid asked suddenly, a sparkle of mischief in his eyes as he spoke.

"I have not been giving out signed photos. If Lockhart's still spreading that around -- " He started indignantly.

Hagrid burst into laughter.

"I'm on'y jokin'. I knew yeh hadn't really. I told Lockhart yeh didn' need teh. Yer more famous than him without tryin'" Hagrid thumped Harry on the back, whacking him to the table.

"Bet he didn't like that," Harry replied, steadying himself from the impact and massaging his chin.

"Don' think he did. An' then I told him I'd never read one o' his books an' he decided ter go," Hagrid continued, amused. "Treacle toffee, Ron?"

"No thanks. Better not risk it," Ron held up his hand, appearing to have recovered from the curse.

"I'll take his share!" Amisty smiled innocently, her eyes brightening at the thought of the sweet.

"No, no, no! You're not going to be keeping me up all night on sugar!" Hermione protested, shoving the plate away.

The green-eyed girl just danced around, snatching up a piece and shoving it in her mouth with roguish grin.

Harry, Ron, and Hagrid all laughed cheerfully as Hermione's face fell.

"Come an' see what I've bin growin'," Hagrid headed out to his garden after their laughter ceased.

The four of them followed, and Amisty's eyes widened to the size of saucers at the sight. There were patch of massive pumpkins growing, each roughly the size of Fang.