"What was he even thinking! Letting them loose in the classroom!" Amisty followed up, ducking as one of the blue devils swept down to grab at her hair.

She leaped up, grabbing two and shoving them back into their cage crossly.

"He just wants to give us some hands-on experience," Hermione defended, pulling out her wand and using a Freezing Charm to catch two more.

"Hands on?" Harry asked indignantly. "Hermione, he didn't have a clue what he was doing --"

"Rubbish. You've read his books," She shook her head. "Look at all those amazing things he's done --"

Amisty paused in her work, giving the pixie in her hand an unintentional squeeze as she stared at her friend.

It gave her a swift bite on her finger, to which she replied with a quick bonk on the head. The pixie was out cold.

"He says he's done," Ron grumbled darkly.

-=+=-

Amisty went on with her week quite uneventfully.

She spent most of her time getting back into the rhythm of the school, managing to sneak down to the library and check out The Magic of Wolves yet again later in the week.

After that, she paid a visit to Madame Pomfrey.

"Hello, dear," The older witch smiled as Amisty walked it, dropping down onto one of the empty gurneys. Well, all of them were empty as it was the first week back.

"Hi, Madame Pomfrey! How was your summer?" Amisty asked cheerfully, her legs swinging slightly.

"Quite dull, to tell the truth. I don't have you to worry about back home," She replied jokingly.

"I'm not that bad!" The girl protested dramatically, clutching her hand to her chest in mock hurt.

"As long as you keep your temper in check you're not that bad," Madame Pomfrey raised an eyebrow as she organized a few potions on her shelf.

"Yeah, yeah," Amisty rolled her eyes, pulling gently on the sheets of the gurney distractedly.

"Well you better head off to class, you don't have much time left," The nurse threw over her shoulder, waving her off with her hand.

"Oh, alright..." She sighed, picking up her belongings and starting out to the exit, "Goodbye, Madame Pomfrey!"

"Have a good day, Amisty," She called out after her, the soft clinks of potion bottles following her words.

Amisty walked swiftly through the hallways to her next class, already feeling happier now that she was back.

-=+=-

Amisty woke up when the sun pooled through the window, stretching and yawning as she got out of her bed.

Hermione stirred in her sleep at her movements, slowly tugging off her covers as she spotted Amisty.

"Good morning, Hermione!" She smiled brightly at the drowsy girl, rubbing the remnants of sleep from her eyes

"Good morning," Her friend yawned, blinking rapidly.

Amisty covered her mouth with her hand, smothering her second yawn of the morning.

The two of them changed into their school robes and walked down to the common room where Ron was waiting. His hair was disheveled from sleep.

He clearly hadn't made an effort to neaten it up before breakfast.

"'Morning," He waved. "I think Harry went out for Quidditch, haven't seen Fred and George either."