Flourish and Blotts and More: Year 2/Summer

Start from the beginning

"Meet you back here," Ron whispered to Hermione as the rest of them were led off to their vaults.

Once again Amisty clambered into the cart, burying her head into her knees at the sickeningly fast pace the cart moved.

Harry placed his arm on her shoulder comfortingly, to which she was thankful.

When it finally screeched to a halt, she followed after the Weasleys unsteadily. Their vault was almost empty, only a sparse amount of Sickles and one Galleon.

Mrs. Weasley walked around the whole room, reaching into the corners before picking it all up and dropping it into her handbag. Next was Harry's vault, in which he hurriedly shoved coins into his leather bag.

Amisty dragged her feet as they walked over to hers, lagging in the back of the group even though it was her money.

When the door opened, her jaw was practically on the floor. It was nothing like Harry's, but there were three Galleons, a small mound of Sickles, and a decent pile of Knuts.

She held back her surprise, instead walking in as calmly as she could manage and scooping up half the money.

"Was this your doing?" She asked Harry as she walked back out, her voice as quiet as a mouse.

"Maybe... maybe not," He shrugged discreetly, a grin tugging on the edge of his mouth.

She glared up at him, though her smile betrayed her true feelings.

"Thank you... I guess. You didn't have to do that, though," She replied, crossing her arms as the group set off toward the carts yet again.

"And you need to start accepting people's help," He retorted, raising an eyebrow.

She rolled her eyes, nudging him with her elbow. He laughed quietly. One more awful cart ride later and they were back at the entrance of Gringotts with Hermione.

Already everyone was setting off to their separate ways.

"We'll all meet at Flourish and Blotts in an hour to buy your schoolbooks. And not one step down Knockturn Alley!" Mrs. Weasley called, seizing Ginny's and walking off to a secondhand robe shop.

The four friends wandered around the street, gazing into the windows of the wondrous shops lining the edges.

Harry, his pockets jingling, bought them all strawberry-and-peanut-butter icecreams, which they all ate with a smile.

Ron's gaze was captured by a set of flaming orange Chudley Cannon robes before Hermione pulled them over to go buy ink and parchment.

At Gambol and Japes Wizarding Joke Shop, Fred, George, and Lee Jordan were buying a suspicious amount of Dr. Filibuster's Fabulous Wet-Start, No-Heat Fireworks.

Amisty caught Fred's gaze, to which he grinned and winked mischievously.

Next, they found Percy in a junk shop, his nose buried in a book. Prefects Who Gained Power.

"A study of Hogwarts Prefects and their later careers. That sounds fascinating," Ron teased, reading off the back cover.

"Go away," Percy hissed, glaring over the top. Amisty turned away, struggling to keep her laughter at bay.

"'Course, he's very ambitious, Percy, he's got it all planned out... He wants to be Minister of magic..." Ron whispered to them as they left the store.

After an hour more of wandering, Amisty racing off to the Owl Emporium and stroking all the birds in turn.

The shopkeeper had recognized her, asking about Echo. She had just about wrapped up their conversation when Harry, Ron, and Hermione, all with matching amused looks, dragged her off to another shop.