A Flying Car: Year 2/Summer

Start from the beginning

Old, but it worked.

"A lot of wizards think it's a waste of time, knowing this sort of Muggle trick, but we feel they're skills worth learning, even if they are a bit slow," Fred explained, not taking his eyes off the jiggling lock.

"Move it up a little, you've almost got it," Amisty offered, leaning out the window to get a better look.

George sent her a question glance, but followed her recommendation.

Soon enough there was a soft click and the door opened.

"Never would've thought you would know how to pick a lock," Fred chuckled, looking up at her.

"Heh... I have a few of my own tricks up my sleeve," She replied sheepishly, scratching the back of her neck and not meeting their questioning gazes.

Harry's affected her the most. Her breaking and entering of this very house was how they met, after all.

"Impressive," George whispered, before turning back to Harry. "So -- we'll get your trunk -- you grab anything you need from your room and hand it out to Ron and the newfound lockpicker."

Amisty grinned at the nickname, shaking her head.

"What out for the bottom step, it creaks," Harry warned before running around his room and passing his belongings out the windows and to the waiting helpers.

It only took a few moments before everything was packed away.

Everything except for his trunk. The three boys lugged the trunk up the stairs and through the open window carefully.

Amisty nearly shouted out in alarm when she heard someone cough. Ron gave her a questioning look, to which she shook her head.

Probably just a figment of her imagination. Fred clambered back into the car, tugging the trunk to pull it into the car.

Another cough.

"A bit more. One good push," Fred panted.

She joined in, pulling and yanking at it until, with one last shove from Harry and George, it tumbled into the backseat.

"Okay, let's go," George murmured, turning around to start the car.

That is, until Hedwig screeched. Amisty let out a startled yelp, throwing her hands over mouth to muffle the noise as Fred laughed at her reaction.

"THAT RUDDY OWL!" Harry's uncle bellowed.

Now the panic had spread to them all. They exchanged wide eyed glances, frozen in place.

"I've forgotten Hedwig!" Harry exclaimed, racing back into his room, snatching Hedwig's cage, and handed it to Ron.

He was clambering back toward them when his uncle burst into the room, his towering form lined by the glow of the landing light.

He leaped forward, seizing Harry's ankle. Amisty grabbed his hands, pulling with all her might. Ron, Fred, and George followed in suit.

"Petunia! He's getting away! HE'S GETTING AWAY!" The man shouted, his voice echoing around the silent neighborhood.

With one last tug Harry tumbled into the car, Amisty slamming the door shut behind him. Her fiery green eyes met the man's blue, and she grinned wickedly.

"Put your foot down, Fred!" Ron yelled, and soon enough they sped off, wind whistling through their hair.

She looked back, poking Harry and pointing back at his family.