Pupil Of My Eye II

Universe: Inuyasha (Modern AU)

Pairing: One-sided SessKag

Disclaimer: Inuyasha and its characters are the intellectual property of one Rumiko Takahashi.

888

Pupil of my Eye II

888

Sesshoumaru didn't like sharing.

It wasn't that he was selfish. It was simply that the solemn eleven-year-old found the very idea of having to portion something - that he had earned for himself fair and square - with another person completely illogical.

Which is how Kagome found herself in a very frustrating predicament.

"Sesshoumaru, you can't possibly eat that banana split all by yourself!"

The haughty middle-schooler stared back evenly with yellow eyes wiser than his young years would lead one to believe. Kagome stared back aghast as the boy clutched the plate closer to his chest greedily.

That had been her first mistake, handing a little boy ice-cream in his hands without thinking about it through. Sesshoumaru might be more mature than your average middle-schooler, but he was still a kid.

And kids LOVED ice-cream.

"Sesshoumaru." The annoyed high-schooler warned him softly. "Give it to me."

Without breaking eye-contact, Sesshoumaru drew the plate closer to his face until the soft dessert was dangerously close to his lips. Kagome's eyes drew wide. He wouldn't-!

With a clever flick of his tongue, Sesshoumaru dragged the small pink organ all across the dessert, marking with saliva the sweet plate as his. Kagome gaped openly, shocked at his extreme measures.

"Fine!" she stomped her foot. "Be that way. I'll go and buy one for myself then!" and with a huff, the girl whirled around and went back in line to order another ice-cream. She'd show that little demon. It would be the biggest, tastiest most expensive dessert on the menu, and she would charge it back to his daddy's credit card. Already feeling better at her choice of justice, Kagome scanned the menu with determined gusto

Immensely satisfied with himself, Sesshoumaru gingerly dabbed at his mouth with a napkin and picked up the plastic spoon that was on the white table. If he were the type to smile, he would've, but he settled for giving the plate in his hand a loving gaze.

It was something he kept secret, but Sesshoumaru loved sweets. He had a terrible sweet-tooth, something that his tutor had learned and consecutively used to bribe him. Do well on your homework, get a small chocolate. Do well on a quiz or report, get a slice of cake. And the ultimate prize for acing a test, the one Sesshoumaru had looked forward to since Kagome's proposal – a trip to Myoga's Ice-Cream Parlor. With that goal in mind, Sesshoumaru had done his very best to earn such a prize. She had gushed when he brought home an A+ on his last math exam, more than his own mother had at least. Without missing a beat, Kagome had asked his parents for permission to take her young pupil to an ice-cream shop, and they had graciously allowed the excursion. Sesshoumaru was thrilled.

But upon arriving there, she had suggested they share an ice-cream and had settled on buying a banana split, one of Sesshoumaru's childhood favorites, for two. Feeling cheated – after all, why share an ice-cream for his success? – he then promptly decided to make it clear that the coveted prize was his and his alone.

Sesshoumaru chuckled as he remembered her distraught face just mere seconds ago as he vandalized the sugary sweet with his spit. Sure, it had been a very juvenile tactic, but the pretty raven always managed to raise that part of him; the one that had no obligations or the weight of his family name on his shoulder, but was just a child happy to be let loose. Settling into his seat as he waited for Kagome to return, he began to dig into his well-earned treat. He grabbed a big scoop and feverishly pushed it into his open mouth.