ONE

// ONE //

❝start off with a hello❞

Thirty dollars. That's how much I spent on a damn cab to get to Brooklyn from the airport.

I groaned as I pull my suitcases out of the trunk. The wheels scrape against the pavement when I set it down. I shut the trunk and the cab pulls off instantly, blowing hot air into my face. Worse thirty dollars I spent in my entire life.

The cold wind hits my body as I look around into the busy streets. Mundanes pay no mind to me as I push through them, seeing as it was rush hour. My legs struggle through the crowd, aching at each step I take. I need a nap. A long, long nap.

But I can't. I need to see them. I need to see him. And that's what making me shove my way down these streets to the institute. My heart races as I roll my suitcases down the street, letting numerous rhetorical thoughts run through my mind.

What if they shun me? What if they aren't happy to see me? What if he hates me? What if-

I cut my thoughts short. I couldn't think like that. I had to think good outcomes of this whole thing. I didn't save up a bunch of money to come back to New York for nothing.

Though I also have to face reality. I left for five years with no reason at all to give. I cut off all ties and didn't even keep in contact with anyone from the institute. The only people that know why I left was the Clave and that's because that was the only option they gave me.

So now, here I am, back here where it all began. I shuddered at my past thoughts, looking at the institute ahead. Oh god. I should head back. I should go back to Beacon Hills and stay there. They probably moved on with their lives, continued to do missions without me, because they didn't need me.

All I was there for, was to give sarcastic and unnecessary comments. They wouldn't miss that. Or would they? You would know until you find out, my inner thoughts confide and I sigh, walking up the stairs to the institute.

The wheels clatter each step, though my mind drifts off once I open the doors to the institute. Instantly, movement erupts in the room, along with conversations as I walk down the hall.

I'm given strange looks and stared at with confusion written on their faces. I watch as a familiar dark haired girl walk down the stairs ahead. She walked with her head buried in a tablet, and Stiles smiled knowing instantly who that was.

"Isabelle Lightwood. Room for a plus one?" I spoke and Izzy's head shot up. A wide grin instantly formed on her face as she ran towards me, to engulf me in a large hug.