Chapter 1

*Theo's POV*

I jolted upright as the loud chime of the doorbell rang through the almost empty flat. A glance at the desk in front of me showed I had at least finished my homework before falling asleep so I didn't have to worry about that, only about who was calling at this time of night. Eleven-thirty to be exact. Wow, I had been asleep for four hours, I must have been tired. The doorbell rang again and I frowned. Patience is a virtue-one that our visitor obviously didn't have. I pushed my chair back noisily, the wooden legs scraping the floor, and marched down the hall to the front door, unbolting the hundreds of locks my mum had installed, to throw the heavy wooden rectangle open. A man with dark hair that needed a cut stood in the doorway with a small bunch of flowers. I took a step back wearily but he took it as an invitation to speak.

"I'm looking for Georgia Rosalina. Who are you?"

"Who are you?" I retorted indignantly. "Coming to my house at ridiculous times and having the nerve to ask me who I am without any sort of explanation as to who you are or why you want to see Georgia Rosalina."

He shuffled his feet and looked at me apologetically before answering.

"Look, I'm really sorry but I can't tell you who I am. I just need to find Georgia Rosalina."

I hesitated for a split second before deciding on a reply:

"Never heard of her."

And I slammed the door in his face.

So I lied. Did Mum really want a random guy turning up later once he knew she lived here. I certainly didn't. At any rate, Mum wouldn't be home until tomorrow morning so Creeper couldn't have talked to her right now anyway. I was the only one home right now. I know what you're thinking: What, home alone all night and no party?! Nope. I did my homework like a good little girl and will be going to bed shortly. The only way I rebelled was to delay my sleep to pull out Mum's laptop from where she thought I wouldn't find it in her wardrobe. It was password protected of course but she was the most predictable person in the world, as well as forgetful. I type in 'password' and the screen changed to show a desktop similar to the one in school, apart from the background. 5 guys had their arms around each other's shoulders and were laughing underneath the words 'One Direction'. I'd heard about them in school. The band (second only to the Beatles) had lasted thirteen years since they were put together on an old show 'The X-Factor' and were still going strong. The girls at school loved them but Mum had forbidden me from anything to do with things like that.

Feeling rather rebellious, I clicked onto her music and was confronted with eleven albums. I had no clue which to pick so I found a button that lead to 'most played' and clicked on the first song on the list. The song Mum listened to the most.

Maybe it's the way she walked

Straight into my heart and stole it

Through the doors and past the guards

Just like she already owned it

I said can you give it back to me

She said never in your wildest dreams

And we danced all night to the best song ever

We knew every line now I can't remember

How it goes but I know that I won't forget her

'Cause we danced all night to the best song ever

Said her name was Georgia Rose

And her daddy was a dentist

Said I had a-

I cut the singer off mid-word. Those lyrics... I replayed the start of the second chorus.

Said her name was Georgia Rose

And her daddy was a dentist

Sai-

The lyrics freaked me out. My mother's name was Georgia Rosalina Thompson and Grandfather used to be a dentist. I bit my lip and shut down the laptop quickly, my mind reeling. I replaced the device where I found and changed into my pyjamas, all the while preoccupied with what I had just heard. The tune replayed itself brokenly in my head, skipping some parts due to the fact that I didn't know it very well, but I always came back to that couple of lines that presented an intriguing, unsolvable puzzle.

I fell asleep to the first song I had ever heard by One Direction.

Word Count: 772

I'm going to try something new. Could I have two votes before I upload the next chapter please. That's it. A simple two votes. That's two people who have to click one button. That's why I chose votes rather than comments because you don't have to think of something to say. Of course if you want to comment as well that would be amazing.

Until two votes,

Crow