If I was gon' be alone I might as well swim so I could get some thinking done.

"Want some company?" I heard someone call out as I came up for air.

I turned around seeing Kiari standing at the edge of the pool watching me. I smiled a little bit before nodding my head.

He jumped in swimming right next to me as I hung on to the side.

"What you thinkin bout lil girl?" He asked.

"Ion know..." I looked at him, and looked back at the side of the pool, "Last night, and the fact you said you wanted to talk."

He nodded his head, "Oh, ian mean to let that happen Rum. I was fucked up."

"We were both fucked up, but it's obvious we were still in our right state of mind if we remember what happened." I shook my head. "If you didn't want it to happen you should've stopped."

"Nah, it's not like that." He got closer to me.

"Sure seems like it." I pulled myself up sitting on the side with my feet in the water. Ugh, time to just let my feelings out, "Do you know how long I've had feelings for you? How long I've wanted you to be mine? How long I've waited for that to happen?"

He looked at me as if not knowing what to say, so I continued, "Ki, I've had feelings for you before Jordan came along. I've wanted so long for you to want me in that same way, but it never happened. The reason I took that fall for you is because yes I didn't have shit to lose, but I was so tired of watching you fuck with this one and fuck with that one. So, I thought going in would help me lose all the feelings I had for you. In a sense I wanted to forget it all."

"Damn, forreal?" He looked up at me trying to block the sun.

"Yes, like I ride for you just so you fucking know, and I used to try throwin hints at you." I chuckled to myself, "But you've always been so fucking clueless to everything except the trouble."

"Okay, shut up Rum. Let me speak." He moved in between my legs facing away from me. "I know you been feelin me. I've known for the longest, shit mama even knew. I'm gon be real wit you, I've been feelin you too. Since the day, we first started hangin out."

I could tell he smilin, reminiscing on all the times he got rejected when we first started hangin out.

|F L A S H B A C K|
|8 Y E A R S A G O|

"Come on Rumi. Forget about Chris, and come be my girl." Kiari said as we sat on the phone that night.

He would call me every night during my second semester of freshman year, after we met at Lenox, and do this all the time beggin for me to breakup with my boyfriend. Before we met at Lenox, I've seen him around Atlanta before and knew he had dropped out. But, he was cute as fuck I wasn't gonna lie.