3.3.5 | One Roof

Zacznij od początku

Clearing my throat, I asked, "Anyway, lighter topics. You and Riddhima?"

He laughed, "Between music, concerts, lectures, and studying, I'm starting to feel like I don't have hours in a day to have a life. Does that answer your question? Cause I think there may not be us for long."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh please, how can you even doubt that? You both have been through everything and you're still there in each other lives. And the biggest thing: she loves you, man. She's not going anywhere."

"She did before."

"Well, not this time."

She might have pulled the plug on their friendship three years ago when she left for Australia, but I know she wouldn't do it ever again. I was there. I had seen her missing Armaan over the years and even if they were against the celebrity status and a very tough career journey of a doctor, they were going to make it through that.

"Do you know what I have learned from knowing her the past three years?" I added, feeling that he needed to know this. "I may not have known her my whole life like you, but... she's Riddhima, you know? I have seen her break the boundaries she had restricted herself in. She went beyond what society might have expected her to be. She chose her own path. To be her own person and not let anything, even her own insecurities, drag her down. So, believe it, Armaan. If you think being such a public figure and putting her in the eye of the world would scare her away or that she won't be able to handle the pressure, then she may just surprise you."

"That's not it... I have messed up with her so many times. I don't want to hurt her again and I don't know... I just feel like it's never the right time for us."

I scoffed calling him out on it. "That's a load of bull, and you know it. You have to make it the right time, Armaan. No one else can dictate that for you. If you want a real shot with her and so does she, who is to stop you?"

"So when is the right time to tell Khushi you love her?"

I laughed, commenting. "I see why Riddhima gets irritated by you. Stop deflecting. Stop letting the fact that you have a busy life keep you from making it real with her. Stop worrying about Khushi this much and focus on yourself for a change. As for when I tell Khushi, soon... I already have it planned."

He raised a brow, waiting for me to share this plan, but I don't confide in him just yet. All he needed to know was that I have a plan in motion.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

Kripa knocked at my door and I sat up on the bed where I had been lying down with my legs hanging off the edge. Khushi was staying the night with Riddhima, and even though it was just one night, I missed her presence. "Hey, what are you doing still up. Don't you have an interview tomorrow?"

Entering the room, she forwarded a box. "Di asked me to give this to you."

"What is it?" I took the box as she sat next to me on the bed. There was a dress inside.

She informed, "Knowing Khushi, she wouldn't have picked out an outfit for the calendar launch."

True that. I commented over the design, "Why does this look familiar?"

"Do you remember your last week in college, you returned a sketch to give to Khushi? She'd drawn it while waiting for you to get back to your dorm room so you can take her back."

"Let me guess. You never gave it to her?"

She cheekily confirmed, "Nope. I gave it to di some years later. She finished the design, saying how it's something she would have designed herself."