Drew left with Hunter, and he sighed. "I didn't really need to go to the bathroom."

"I thought not." He glanced at him. "What's up?"

"Elle's been concerned about money."

His heart sank. "Right."

"She was asking Ryan about why the courts would pay for accomodation for you both, and she told her she didn't know, and she told us that that's what you told her."

He didn't look at him. "She doesn't know, does she?"

"No. We didn't tell her." Hunter studied him carefully. "How much longer do you plan on lying to her?"

"As long as I have to," he responded steadily. "Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same."

He shook his head. "I can help-"

"No! I can do this myself, I don't need your help," snapped Drew. He took a deep breath, composing himself. "I'll earn the money. I will, I swear."

"Drew, listen to me. You won't catch up, not like this. You're tens of thousands of dollars in debt, and you've got your student debt too. I know you don't want help, but I'm just looking out for you." He sighed. "This isn't about lording money over you or anything like that, I promise. It's purely-"

"I know, I-" He sighed, as they got to a staircase railing, and he leaned over the edge. "God, I just have this awful headache all the time. I wish I could do this."

"The option's there." He patted Drew's back, and started walking away.

"Wait," called Drew after some hesitation. Hunter turned around. "D-Do you really think-"

"As far as I'm concerned, it's already a done deal." He smiled slightly. "Just don't lie to her. If she finds out, she'll be angry."

"I know." He sighed. "I don't want her unhappy, that's all. It's.. it's so hard, Hunter."

"I'll help whenever you need me to. You make a fresh start, okay? I'll transfer money soon."

"O-Okay."

Hunter left, and Drew sighed softly, head in hands.

After this, he promised himself, he'd never do it again. He never liked getting help for things he should be able to do himself. He walked back to the room slowly, where there was a doctor talking to Elle. Ryan was holding her hand tightly, and Hunter stood, his arms crossed and looking tense.

"So what does that mean?" asked Elle as Drew approached.

"Essentially," said the doctor with a small smile, "you're in remission. Congratulations."

The entire family sighed in relief, Drew sitting down on the bed and hugging her. Elle breathed, "And how long do you think that'll last?"

"Maybe forever. We'll have to see. We'll keep you here 'til later on tonight, then you're free to go."

They were crying. Elle could feel that much, as she felt everyone hugging her and ignored the sudden images that flashed before her eyes as much as she could.

"Thank you," breathed Drew, not sure who he was thanking. "Thank you for everything."

<><><><><><><><>

"All rise for the honourable Justice Joseph Parish."

The courtroom stood, and Elle watched Frank from across the room. Her hands were shaking, and he glared at her, before looking at the judge. He knew his verdict. The judge looked down at Frank distastefully, before clearing his throat. "Thank you, bailiff. Now, jury, what is your verdict?"