Chapter 14

A/N gore warning

Arabella

     Row-no whoever this man was continued pushing the blade further into my neck. I could barely breathe and could see the droplets of blood staining my clothes. Was I really going to die now and leave my people to suffer at the hands of the people who murdered my parents? No. I couldn't let this happen. I weakly tried to shove him off but his grip was too strong. The more I pushed him, the angrier he seemed to get. He removed the knife from my neck and I took in deep breaths, relishing the air. The Rowan look alike took the blade and slashed it down my arm causing me to scream in agony, as I was forced to watch him tear off the skin.

     "S-stop please!" I cried out, the cut on my neck making it hard to breathe. He played no attention to my plea, and brought the knife down again on my other arm. Tears fell down my face, making me choke on them as I weakly tried to kick him.

     "Stop struggling girl!" He yelled at me and threw the blade straight at my face slicing my cheek open. I let out a blood curdling scream. Surely someone would hear, someone had to come and save me right? I lifted my hand to my face, applying pressure to the stinging wound. My blood mixed with my tears as I sobbed out pleas of mercy that fell on deaf ears. He pulled away from my trembling body and took out rope- where did that come from? And tied me to the tree.

     "No one to save you now girl." He laughed and walked away. I could see black spots clouding my vision as I passed out, awaiting my untimely death.

(Word count 304)