Chapter 7

"Come out wherever you are princess" I heard someone say.g
     "We know you're out there." It said. Where am I? I thought confused. I continued hearing the people yelling out to me, before I fell out of the tree that I had fallen asleep in. I screamed but it didn't seem like any of the people could hear me. When I reached the bottom everything seemed to go dark and then I opened my eyes.
     I was still in the tree. How? I had just fallen out of it?" I thought, before realizing that it was just a dream. I climbed down the tree and grabbed the little supplies I had before trying to find a good place to hunt. I found a small deer and quickly fired an arrow at it. Once I was sure it was dead, I followed Rowan's instructions and cooked it and quickly extinguished the fire.
     I ate as much of the deer as I could, not knowing when I would be able to find an animal as large as this again. When I was done eating I started to think.
     I need to find a way to sneak into the castle without being noticed. But once I get inside, how am I supposed to get my kingdom back? I don't have an army and the only other person I know is dead. Maybe if I can sneak into the village, I can talk to the people, and they can help me. And with that I set out the opposite direction hoping to find the edge of the forest.
     I walked until the sun was about to set and was finally at the edge. I looked around and noticed that there were no guards to stop me. I ran out of the forest and into the village.
     I saw an old lady and approached her carefully.
     "Hello Ma'am?" I asked she turned around and saw my face, and gasped.
    "Do you know how dangerous it is to be out like this! You could have been seen! Come with me, we can go to my house." She said and walked away briskly. I followed her and we stopped once we reached a small cottage in the middle of the village.
      "You can stay here for now." The woman said and ushered me inside. The cottage was small, but homey and was warm compared to the forest I was used too. The woman told me to sit on one of the chairs next to the fire to talk.
     "Why did you come out here?" She asked me.
     "I need to get into the castle, but I know I can't fight them alone. I came to the village to find help." I answered and asked, "I haven't learned your name yet, may I ask what it is?"
     "My name is Eden Miller. I live here with my husband George." Eden said.
     "I don't think I can be of much use fighting, but my husband will be more than willing to help, and I know he has alot of friends in the village that can help too. He should be home in a few hours. You can talk to him when he gets home." Eden said and handed me a cup of tea.
     "Make yourself comfortable." She said and sat down again.

(Word count 553)

A/N: I am back from the dead with a short chapter, but there may be another update today. I am going to try and work on consistently updating instead of leaving for months on end.