AJ's Promise - Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It was a regular, beautiful sunny morning in Ponyville. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, the apples were ripening, and the fresh hot smell of Granny Smiths apple pie filled the air. "Applejack! Wake up!" called AppleBloom from the kitchen. "Granny's makin' sweet apple pie! Ya don't wanna miss it do ya?" "Ah'll be right there!" I yelled as I got out of bed.

I went down into the kitchen and sat down beside my brother. Granny Smith got the pie and cut slices and put it on our plates. 'Mmmm', I thought while licking my lips. "This is some good apple pie Granny made!" I said to Big Mac. "Eeeyup," my brother responded. Sometimes it gets on my nerves that me and AppleBloom talk a lot, and all Big Macintosh ever says is 'eeyup,' or 'nope'.

When I was finished my delicious apple pie, I was just about to leave when AppleBloom came racing over. "Where're ya goin' to in such a hurry?'' she questioned. " Ah'll be back. Ah just need ta go over to Twilights house for a bit," I responded. "Ok," AppleBloom replied.

***

"Hey Twi!" I yelled cheerfully as I entered her treehouse. "Here I am!" called Twilight as she came racing down the stairs. Spike was happily following her. "Well," I started. "Ah know ah don't usually ask fo' help nowadays, but, I need some help, Twi."

"What is it?" Twilight asked with a confused look on her face. I blushed. I felt so embarrassed! I really didn't know if I should ask this question! "Well, ah was just wonderin' if..." "If...?" Spike interrupted. "If ya could gimme some advice on how to make my brother more open! Ah mean, AppleBloom and ah always talk, we're always open. But Big Mac, well, ah just think it would be good if he could, ya know, talk a bit mo'?" I blurted out.

Twilight had a blank look on her face. "Well..." she started. "Ah know it's a dumb idea!" I said. "Ya don't have ta do it!" "Applejack, I'll try to make a potion or spell to help, but it's going to take a while," she said. "Phew, thanks!" I said. "She said she'll try!" Spike yelled as I went out the door.

As I was walking back home, I bumped into Rainbow Dash, my best friend. "Hey Applejack!" she greeted. "Hey Rainbow," I replied. "Ah was just talkin' to Twi about somethin'." "About what?" Rainbow questioned. "Well, if ah could change Big Mac," I told her. "Wait wait wait! Did I hear that right? You want to change... your brother?" she chuckled. "Anyways, I heard that Pinkie Pie might need your help."

I'm the type of pony that helps you when you need help. So, of course, I headed over to the Sugarcube Corner to see what she needed me to do. "Hey Applejack!" Pinkie said really fast. "I really really really needed some help but I couldn't find any pony else who could help except you, -inhales air- so I'm so glad you're here to help!" "Ok," I said, not really understanding what Pinkie said in the last sentence. "Whaddya want me to do?" "I just need you to get the ingredients! It's easy!" she replied.

So we got started.

"Eggs?" "Check."

"Flour?" "Check."

"Butter?" "Check."

"Chocolate?" "Check."

"Sprinkles?" "Check."

"Ok. We got everything!" Pinkie cheered. "Now, all I have to do is mix it. Thanks Applejack!" I said goodbye and I started to leave. Don't get me wrong, I love helping other ponies. It's my thing. I don't expect to get the help back.

"Applejack! There you are!" Twilight yelled as she came racing to me. "About the spell... I think we have to go ask Zecora about it. It's way too powerful for me. We should leave tomorrow." "Ok ah think that's fine," I replied.

There's only hope that Zecora might know how to do a spell like this.

***

Note from Pandie101:

Hey Pandas! Hope you liked the story so far, and please tell me if I should continue, or if I should dump this all in the trash :P! Please follow to become a Panda, vote, and comment, but no rude comments please!