Chapter 6

The evil trio was laying underneath the stars. They happily munched on their berries and pointed out constellations.

"Hey James look, there's the Ursaring Major!" said Jessie pointing towards the night sky.

James chuckled and pointed towards the North Star.

"And there's the Little Clefairy." he said and Jessie gasped in amazement. "That's my favorite one!"

"I tink dere should be a constellation of me." said Meowth proudly. Jessie and James rolled their eyes and continued star gazing.

A little while later, Meowth got up and stretched. "I tink its time for my cat nap. And by cat nap I mean I'm hittin the hay. And by hittin the hay- Oh youse guys know what I mean." Jessie and James laughed and bid farewell to their feline friend. It was just them now.

James glanced over towards Jessie. Her hair spilled out onto the grass like a blanket. Her blue eyes sparkled in the moonlight. She just looked so peaceful. Not like her normal grumpy self who always wanted to catch Pikachu. This Jessie seemed... happier.

"Hey Jess." said James, turning over on his side to face Jessie. She continued to look at the sky. "Yes James?" she replied. James tried to find his voice, but couldn't. He wanted to tell her so badly. Tell her how much she meant to James. How he would do anything for her. After a few seconds, Jessie looked at him for him to say something.

"What is it James? Are you alright? You look a little pale." said Jessie, leaning forward to feel his forehead. "You don't have a fever. Is something troubling you?"

James sighed. He couldn't tell her just yet; he wasn't ready. He looked at the night sky and suddenly saw a shooting star.

"I want to be like that shooting star." he said, lying back down on his back. "I want to travel the world and see everything that it has to offer me." Jessie smiled and and looked up too.

"I know exactly what you mean. But don't we already travel around a lot? Chasing Ash and Pikachu?"

"Well yes that is true." said James. "But I want to see the world. We're not doing any sight seeing; we're just following around a boy and his Pokemon. I know we've seen so much following with him already, but I just feel like there's more to see."

Jessie nodded her head, understanding James's words. "I guess that would be nice." she said.

James suddenly had a crazy idea. "Let's run away." he said, facing towards Jessie. Jessie stared at him with a shocked expression. "Run away?! Are you out of your mind?!"

Now it was James's turn to be shocked. He though that she would be on board with the idea. "Well yeah. You, me, and Meowth could take the balloon and leave Team Rocket. We're not getting anywhere with trying to catch Pikachu."

Jessie gave James a hard look. "No James!" she shouted. "We have to stay with Team Rocket! We've pledged our allegiance to Giovanni! We're going to catch Pikachu, I just know it!"

James blinked and stared at Jessie. "Jessie, let's just face the facts. We're no match for that Pikachu. Our lives would be so much better if we left Team Rocket. I'm sure the boss would give some money to send us on our way and-" Jessie held up her hand to stop him.

"The boss wouldn't do that. Trust me, he's not like that." said Jessie. She started to get up and walk back towards the balloon when James grasped her hand.

"Jessie, what's wrong? Why are you so against the idea of leaving?" James asked her. Jessie looked down at his startling green eyes. She gulped and replied. "Because I just need to stay." She took her hand away from James's and walked towards the balloon, tears starting to form in Jessie's eyes.

"Jessie, if something is bothering you, you can always tell me. I'm your friend." James jogged over to Jessie's side. Jessie stopped and looked at him, a tear falling down her face.

"I'm sorry, James, but I just can't tell you, it would hurt me too much." Jessie wiped her eyes and continued walking away, but before she could leave, James grabbed her hand and pulled her into a hug. Jessie was startled at first, but she slowly wrapped her arms around James.

"It's alright, Jess. I won't leave you. Just tell me what's the matter." whispered James. And with this, Jessie burst into tears. She buried her face into James's chest and cried. James rubbed her back as they walked towards the balloon. He sat her down on the grass and held her hand.

After a few minutes of crying, Jessie wiped her eyes and sniffled. "It's my mother." said Jessie. She sighed and continued.

"When I was a little girl, I always admired my mother, Miyamoto. I didn't know exactly what her job was, but she was always going on exciting missions. The only problem was that they always lasted for a very long time and I rarely got to see her. I had no other family except for her so when she was away, I stayed at the local foster home and waited for her to come back. One day, when I was about 8 years old, a man came to the foster home and asked to see me. His name was Giovanni and he told me my mother worked for a criminal organization called Team Rocket. She had been gone for about 2 months and usually her missions last for about 3 weeks. It turned out that she went to the mountains looking for a rare Pokemon called Mew. There was an avalanche and she got caught up in it. Giovanni told me they had found my mother, but it was too late. When he told me my mother was dead, I just collapsed onto the floor and cried. I didn't care who saw me. He later took me with him to the Team Rocket headquarters and I've been living there ever since you came and we became partners."

James was in complete shock. He knew that Jessie had a rough childhood, but he never knew that her mother died and that she was in Team Rocket.

"Jess, I had no idea." said James. Jessie was staring down at the ground, not wanting to make eye contact. He pulled her into another hug and this time, Jessie immediately hugged back.

"Thank you James. I'm so glad you understand. You're the best friend a girl could ever have." said Jessie. James smiled. "You're the best friend a guy could ever have." They both giggled and stood up. They walked over to the balloon to get out their sleeping bags. Meowth was asleep inside the balloon so they had to be careful when grabbing their bags.

Jessie and James layed their sleeping bags beside to each other. They settled down and covered themselves up. "Goodnight, Jess. Sleep well." said James. Jessie smiled and leaned over and planted a small kiss on James's cheek.

"Goodnight James." she said and fell asleep. James just sat on the ground, starstruck. "Had she really just kissed me?" he though to himself. At the thought of this, James became a red faced mess. He lied down, replaying the tiny kiss over and over again. Finally, he got very tired and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, he woke up before Jessie and Meowth, and he could've sworn that Jessie's sleeping bag had moved a little closer to his own.