Chapter 5

Finally, we'll have William's point of view in part of this chapter~ ENJOY!  

Grell wasn't sure how much time had passed since she had started crying in William's arms but at some point, it had started raining, mixing her tears with the water, soaking them both to the bone but William didn't pressure her into moving, even though standing under the rain in mid-October couldn't do them any good, he waited patiently until she was done sobbing to help her up.

"Grell, let's go, you're going to get sick if we stay in the rain longer." He said, his voice low as if he was scared to speak louder.

"You can also get sick, you idiot," Grell said, looking at William but seeing everything blurry because of the droplets of water on her glasses, she knew William was having it worse than her since he was practically blind without his glasses.

"We should go back inside the building and wait for the rain to calm down, we won't be able to go anywhere."

William nodded, agreeing with her before taking her by the hand and rushing half blindly back into the building. They sat down at the end of the staircase before doing their best to dry their glasses even if they just ended up making the glass even more opaque and hard to see through, but it was better than wet glasses.

Grell looked up at Will, who had his bangs stuck to his forehead because of the rain, she smiled and gently, she lifted a hand and pushed his bangs back. "I remember when you used to wear your hair like that all the time, no hair gel, nothing. You were so handsome."

"Am I not handsome in your eyes anymore?" He asked, his face remaining blank, no trace of emotion. Grell chuckled and shook her head "Quite the contrary."

For a moment, they sat there in silence, looking at each other. There were so many things Grell wanted to say to him but somehow nothing came to her mind at that moment. Only one thing: she wanted to kiss him. She had fantasized about that moment on so many occasions, it never happened.

The redhead leaned in a little closer, their faces only inches apart but dared not to close the gap. It was the same as years ago, always the same fear. 'What if he rejects me'. Grell swore she felt Will move closer as if to close the gap between them, as if he also, wanted to kiss her. But what could have been a kiss was interrupted by Grell's sneeze.

"Sorry!" She said, covering her nose and mouth with one of her hands.

The redhead watched as Will moved away and took off his jacket before placed it on her shoulders. She blushed slightly, the jacket smelled like him, even after being soaked by the rain, his scent had not washed away.

Some time passed, they weren't sure how much, it could have been minutes but it felt like hours; they stayed in silence until Grell's sneezes had become more frequent and she had started shivering.

"It looks like the rain has stopped, we should use this as an opportunity to leave before it starts raining again," William said, getting up from the stairs and held his hand to Grell so he could help her stand up. She took his hand and as soon as she stood up, she felt dizzy but pretended like everything was fine.

After a little while, they finally made it back to William's home, the rain hadn't started again, thankfully for them.

Grell wasn't sure how she was still able to stand, her head was throbbing and he vision was getting more and more blurry as time passed. All she needed to do was to do was to walk down the hall to William's room, change out of her wet clothes and she'd be able to lie down.

It was all she needed to do but her body did not allow her to do that, as soon as they stepped inside the loft, Grell felt dizzy again, it had happened to her so many times that she recognized the feeling instantly. She was going to pass out.