Chapter 2

"What are you doing here?" Grell asked, not entirely sure whether or not this entire situation was a dream. It had been 7 years since she had last seen William T. Spears, and with how they parted ways, she never thought she'd ever have the chance of speaking to him again.

"I live here, this is my shop." Will answered

"How long have you lived here? why aren't you in the city, running your father's business?!"

"I've been here for 4 years now, it's a long story Grell, but I'll explain everything to you."

Grell couldn't believe they were talking so casually as if they had last seen each other the week before. She couldn't believe he wasn't living in the city, all those times she went to charity events or big dinners, she'd always get nervous, wondering if this was the moment she'd run into him again. He came from a very wealthy family, it wouldn't have been something out of the ordinary to run into each other at least once, but it had never happened. It made sense now that they had never crossed paths... Grell was about to answer something when the sound of Ronald sneezing made her forget what she was about to say.

"Oh, right! Will, this is my best friend Ronald Knox, Ronnie, this is William T. Spears, he's my... childhood best friend." She said, introducing them.

"Nice to meet you but if it's not too much trouble could you tell us where the motel is, I'd like to get there before I die," Ronald asked, still holding his hand over his mouth. William frowned, clearly confused.

"Ronnie is deadly allergic to birds." Grell pointed out

"Actually, this used to be the motel but they wanted to expand so I bought the building. The motel is now located on main street, near the supermarket." Will said, moving from behind the counter and closer to Grell.

"I knew my memory couldn't be that bad..." She mumbled, mostly to herself.

"You could stay at my house for tonight. I have a spear room, that way, we could catch up, Grell." William spoke as he took a few steps closer to the red head. Grell swallowed and nodded. "Yes, that sounds like a lovely idea! Thank you Will." She smiled

William led them through the back, which lead to an elevator that took them upstairs, where his penthouse was. It was smaller than Grell's own penthouse but was still huge. Everything looked like it was patterned straight out of an IKEA catalog, the walls were white and there were no pictures or decorations that made it look like someone actually lived there. It would have looked weird to anyone that didn't know William but not to Grell.

"Ronald, I'll show you to the guest room and Grell, you can stay in my room, I'll sleep on the couch," William announced

"I won't kick you out of your room! I can sleep with Ronnie!" Grell said but William immediately shook his head. "No way, you'll sleep in my room and that's final." He said, pushing his glasses back against the bridge of his nose.

Once Ronald was installed in the guest room, William showed Grell to his room. There was an awkward silence between them and Grell intended to break it.

"So, you said you'd have some explaining to do?" She asked, looking at him as he pushed the door of his bedroom open.

"uh, Yes. I will be doing that shortly." Will turned on the light, in the center of the room was a queen size bed, the sheets were black as well as the pillows. There was a small white bedside table on the left side, which Grell assumed was the side where William slept. On the table, there was a small lamp and an alarm clock but still, no pictures. At the other end of the room where two doors, and as Grell looked at them, William spoke up.