Me

"What... Is happening?" You asked, more like questioning yourself. You saw your teammates trapped in the glass coffin-like machine. Akaashi fell silent. He didn't know what to say.

You looked down on yourself and you saw wires connected to you from various machines-- some on your arms, chest, even temples.

"What is this, Keiji? Why are we like this? Why did the others didn't wake up yet? Why did you put us in this?" You questioned.

"It's not us. I don't even know they did this to you. I just get to know this a week ago..." Akaashi replied. Your eyes widen in surprise.

"Keiji, i was sent on that mission about 6 months ago and you just knew about it now?!" You felt like he was creating reasons with you. He's not being honest.

"It's four months right?" He retorted.

"Keiji, are you saying I'm lying to you?"

"No. I did not? But i was told you left 4 months ago"

It was then you realised that the authorities have full control over you. They even distorts the time around you. It was like you're their puppets they used to play their dramas.

Is this even real? Or are you in another avatar machine? You began to doubt the man in front of you. Who are your ally and who're your enemy?

Akaashi could see you're wary of him.

"Are you doubting me...?" He asked. You flinched and he could see that clearly. You could see a hint of hurt and betrayed in his eyes.

"How could you? I waited for you like years! Do you think i would've dared to do something like that to you?! Fn, i love you!" Akaashi cried. You gritted your teeth. You didn't know what to think anymore.

Is this real world? Or is this another simulation? Imagination?

"I'm sorry, Keiji. I am so so sorry. I don't know what to think anymore. I felt like I've been going to various places. And all of them for the mission... The specimen... I... Don't know... I felt like I've died numerous times already..." You sighed.

Akaashi cupped your cheeks gently with his gaze softens-- staring at you lovingly.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't get mad at you. I didn't know what you've been through. I would've done the same if i were you..." He comforted you. He again pulled you into his warm embrace. You too wrapped your arms around his well toned torso. You buried your face into his chest, sniffing his scent.

Oh, how you missed it-- the calming and familiar scent.

"I miss you" Akaashi said.

"I miss you too"

"What should we do now?"

"Let's go see the others for now,"

"But i can't leave them..."

"I know, but we need to have a plan..."

You nodded and stood up. But due to being asleep for a long time, your legs felt numb and unable to move. Akaashi caught you in time before you fell.

"You okay?"

"I can't move my legs..."

"It's okay, i got you" he said as he hoisted you up, princess style. Akaashi carefully sneaked out of the lab you in his arms and went straight to their secret port.

-somewhere they at-

Tsukishima looked around as he noticed you've gone missing. He wanted to panic but he refused to worry his already panicked team members. As the second in command, he need to keep calm and come up with a plan.

"Tsukki, where did FN-san go?" Yamaguchi asked.

"I don't know but I'm sure she's safe anyway. It's Fn we're talking about. That woman is even stronger than Ushiwaka," he snorted.

"Is this even a time for jokes?" Hinata retaliated. Tsukishima glared at him which made the little man squeaked.

"I grew up with her, i know how she is" he said. Yet, his heart wavering with doubt. There's no way he could predict what he couldn't see right before his eyes.

"Yeah, Fn-san is strong. Let's believe in her" Yamaguchi added. He knew his best friend was feeling pressure from your disappearance.

"Are we going to be fine without Fn-san?" Yachi asked timidly.

"Yes. We are. We'll fine Fn-san eventually. And we're going home safely" Yamaguchi assured. With that, Yachi lighten up a bit.

Tsukishima sighed in relief to see Yamaguchi able to calm his comrades down. He had somehow change these past few years. He had been reliable. He has been the 'cool senpai' his kohai seek. He's not the panicky and nervous wrecked Yamaguchi he knew before.

"Tsukki, let's believe in Fn-san shall we?" He said with a refreshing smile. The blond turned away from him.

"I know that already," he muttered. But deep down, he felt calm now from his assuring words.

Yamaguchi is dependable.

-HQ // Conference Room 3-

The team was shocked to see Fn with Akaashi. There were Sawamura, Sugawara, Bokuto, Kuroo, Yukie, Kenma, Yaku, Lev, Shimizu, Tanaka, Nishinoya and Azumane.

"Ln? You're awake?" Sawamura asked. At the sight of Sawamura, your eyes turned cloudy.

"I'm sorry, sir. Your daughter, Sawamura Asuna* died in line of duty. She was a very brave soldier... I'm sorry, i couldn't protect her..." You said, staring straight into his eyes, as soon as Akaashi placed you on one of the couches.

All eyes in the room widen except for Sawamura's. He remained calm and composed.

"I see. That's why there are only five bodies in the lab. I wonder where her body is... But I'm glad, she's been of help to you," his words broke your heart. All the time you trapped in the machine, all of you forgotten about Asuna's death.

You took off your necklace and hand it over to Sawamura.

"This is the only remains of Asuna's belonging. Her body... She... Was trapped with the explosives during the bombarding. I... Couldn't save her..."

"You keep it.  Asuna must want you to keep rather than me. Keep it safe for me," Sawamura said. You bit your lip trying to suppress your overflowing emotions. Asuna was your best friend. How could you forget her?

What is even happening anyways? Are you really in the real world? Is this really reality? If so then why did you have so many doubts? All of them are comrades... Right?

------------------

*Sawamura Asuna is on of my OCs. Actually, i don't plan on putting her last name as Sawamura but since in the second chapter I mindlessly add Daichi's sentence about his daughter so why not? (Please pretend that he's a bit older than everyone in this,since he is very fatherly)

Also, if you are uncomfortable about your best friend being my oc, feel free to replace with your own bestie.

Note** this series can be a bit confusing but please bear with me since it's all one shot. (I don't draft my stories, i only wrote what i have in mind that moment)

Also, this is my first time writing this kind of genre.

Feel free to comment and please vote if you like this story.

With ❤, Haru.