Chapter Nineteen

06.45pm, Saturday, December 22th, 2018

"I wish I could show you Frogmore House, mom." Evee mumbled, taking a piece of baguette and dipping it carefully in her tomato soup.

"I'm sure we'll see it when the baby's born." Her father's eyes glistered as he reached out and put a hand on his shoulder. "When you two are all settled in there with the three of you."

Harry grinned, nodding his head. It was the day before his wife was due and in any normal situation, they would be packing their bags to go towards Sandringham estate for Christmas. Instead, everything was packed to go towards the Lindo wing at St Mary's hospital. If the prince was honest, he was secretly a little glad that he could skip this year. He was lucky his grandmother had given him permission to do so. "And Bennett, don't forget Bennett." He spoke, grinning at the Beagle sitting right next to his chair.

"How do you think he'll be with the baby?" Evee's mother questioned, a little concern held back in her eyes.

"I'm sure he'll be wonderful. He's amazing with George and Charlotte." The Duchess of Clarence and Avondale smiled, "He's getting old though, I doubt he'll be able to catch up."

"He seems in young spirit." Her father commented, looking at the fish eyed Beagle, it seems as if the dog knew that they were talking about him.

"He is." The blonde grinned. "But he's always happier when he's around children, it's like he has an energy boost, he comes alive." The Beagle didn't even care what his owner said, he laid down, his head flat on the floor between his front paws. "Anways, I'm really glad you two are here with me."

Ingrid and Danny Delamane had arrived yesterday evening, moving into one of the guestrooms of Kensington Palace so they could be close to their daughter for the most important event of her life; the birth of their third grandchild. "Where else would we be?" Her mother smiled, "Alexander, Jess and the boys will be here tomorrow as well. Jess couldn't take leave earlier at work."

Harry smiled, being genuinely happy that his in laws were here. He always liked the Delamanes but more importantly he knew it would take Evee's mind off the birth for just a little while. The blonde sighed, "Let's all hope and pray this little one wants to come out tomorrow." She stifled a yawn. "I've been so tired lately and the hard work hasn't even begun."

"Don't worry about that." Ingrid tried to comfort her daughter, "Once you're in labour, the actual rush won't give you any time to be tired anymore."

The blonde's eyes searched the ones similar to hers right across the table, holding on to them for just a second or two, "I really want the baby out, but I'm also scared mum. I've never done anything like this before." She tried to hold back her tears, failing when she felt her father's hand on her shoulder, giving her an encouraging squeeze.

"You'll be fine sweetheart, you're one of the toughest girls I know." Her mother smiled, "You've got a wonderful husband by your side who'll support you no matter what and we will just be around the corner. Once all this is over, you will have the best gift in the world. Something you'll love more than anything. I know for a fact that you will do marvellously." Ingrid nodded her head. "Now wipe away those tears and keep them stored for when you hear your child's first scream."

"I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot of that in the first couple of months." Danny chuckled, looking at his daughter and son in law. Evee couldn't help but chuckle, placing her hands on top of her huge stomach, he was more than welcome now. She was ready for it.

11.16am, Sunday, December 23th, 2018

"Harry." Evee groaned, walking around the dining room in desperation. "It's December 23th."