Chapter Sixteen

She had stared at that particular text message for twenty minutes until she locked her phone away and shrugged. She wasn't really sure how she had to feel about this. She wondered for a moment how he even got her number because the palace had given her a new phone ever since she became Duchess. He must've gotten her number through Jared...

She didn't mind that much. There had been times in the last couple of months where she briefly wondered how her former best buddy was. Of course, it didn't damper her mood in the slightest way. She was happy right now. An incredible husband and a baby on the way.

If it wasn't for the newspapers writing her every step of the way, she would even say her life was perfect.

So storing the message in the back of her phone is the only thing she did, until she was ready to reply or even show Harry. A few weeks had passed and August became September quickly. Her now slightly swollen feet wobbled themselves towards the front door of Frogmore house as she heard the doorbell ring. It wasn't her best day to be honest. The September air was way too hot for her liking and the baby had decided to use her blather as a squishy toy for the last week.

Her blood pressure was again, a little too low which made her dizzy. It didn't help that her husband seemed to think she was dying every time she stood up too quickly. Luckily, Evee managed to kick him out for a meeting today and apart from Bobby (whom kept a low profile in the other wing of the house, merely a phonecall away), she had the house to herself.

"Thank God, you're here." The blonde sighed, opening the door to reveal an excited brunette slightly jumping on her feet.

She laughed in return, "I thought you liked having the house to yourself?"

"I do, but I could use some girl talk. Catherine and Will are in Africa with the kids on holiday and Zara's in Greece and I just need someone to nag to." Evee mumbled, closing the door quickly to make sure the heat didn't enter the air-conditioned house.

"Your husband's not good enough for that?" Chloe raised her eyebrows, holding back laughter.

"Unfortunately he thinks I'm dying everytime I complain." Evee spoke, walking slowly towards kitchen.

"Lovely." The brunette quickly. "Let me say hello to my godchild, please."

Evee rolled her eyes, holding a grin and placing her arms in her sides. It was something the brunette did every time. The Duchess would never tell, but she thought it was actually really cute of Chloe to do so. It reminded Evee of Charlotte who would, still astonished, put her small head against her baby bump and whisper some words. "Go ahead."

"So many people would die to be in my place right now." Chloe grinned, placing both her hands on the Duchess her stomach. It was now starting to get uncomfortably large. "Hello littly boy in there. It's your godmother. The one you'll be seeing the most. "

"Chloe." Evee rolled her eyes, trying not to laugh.

"It's true, he's not going to see his other godmothers that much. They're foreign princesses. They live in other countries." Chloe argued, turning her eyes back towards the baby bump. "Anyways, I'm the responsible one. The one who always took care of your mother. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have been here at all."

"Chloe." The blonde warned once again.

"The truth!" The brunette shrugged, continuing. "Anyways, I love you and I can't wait to meet you. Don't come out too quickly, we want you all safe and sound... Preferably with a lot, a lot of sound. Just to annoy your parents a little bit."

"Okay- that's it, you're already turning my own child against me. Get up." Evee spoke, taking a step back to grab Chloe by the arm and uplifting her.

The nurse laughed in return, standing on her feet quickly, following the blonde towards the patio doors. The Duchess turned around, "It's better to sit here, there's some shadow." She pointed towards the outside lounge.