Chapter Thirteen

The Duchess of Clarence and Avondale sighed, stirring the boiling spaghetti in front of her. Summer knocked on the palace its doors and so the agendas had filled themselves once again. Her husband didn't allow her to go to engagements alone very far. He always wanted to be around her. Her eyes shifted towards the outstretched lawn of Frogmore Cottage.

Whenever the couple had the time, they went to the beautiful estate to escape the immense attention of London city. It was absolutely necessary, the first engagement after the official news of the pregnancy was crazy. Even though they visited the University of London alongside William and Catherine, the crowd seemed to be focused on one particular blonde, pregnant princess.

They seemed absolutely smitten by the fact that Harry was so protective and didn't lose her out of his sight for one second. The now evident baby bump did not have to be concealed anymore and people were loving it.

She also tried not to read the papers commenting on her weight gain.

She never cared about what people thought but she was a pregnant woman for god sake and even then, she couldn't gain weight. She wasn't allowed to by the press. It was hard ignoring the average statics about weight gain during pregnancy on the front page of The Sun, it was even harder reading that she was above average, right next to that picture of Catherine Middleton when she was pregnant with George. Whereas in the past, she wouldn't have cared, now her hormones and emotions were sky rocketing.

Escaping towards Frogmore Cottage seemed to ease the scrutinizing gazes.

The couple hadn't told their family what the gender was, they wanted to keep that one a secret. When they discussed the baby at family dinner, they always talked about Avocado. Which ended in the result of George thinking that the baby would be named Avocado.  It took a while for Catherine to get it out of his head.

Harry's eyes lit up when he entered the big family kitchen, noticing his pregnant wife cooking. His feet marched towards her. Careful not to startle her, he wrapped his arms from behind her, finally resting them on the five month evident belly. "How are my two favourite people in the world?" He whispered, placing a soft kiss underneath her ear.

Evee smiled, subconsciously smelling his perfume. "The baby is fine and Benett's asleep in his basket."

The Duke chuckled, "Why are you cooking? We could have ordered something, ask Bob to fetch us something."

"I was bored and Bobby's resting, let him." The blonde answered, taking a wooden spoon to dip it in the bolognaise. "Taste. I used a lot of basil." She offered him a spoon. "Careful, it's hot."

She watched with a smile as he took the front of the spoon in his mouth, closing his eyes for a minute. "This is good! Great actually." Harry grinned, "You're an amazing cook."

"Thank you." Evee smiled, "I'm just going to drain the water from the pasta and dinner should be ready."

"Let me do that." Harry spoke in concern, looking at the heavy cooking pot on the stove. "The doctor said you shouldn't lift heavy stuff anymore."

"It's just a cooking pot." Evee mumbled, knowing it was useless to put up a fight with him. He was already turning off the stove and grabbing the pot by its handles. "I'll set the table." 

When dinner was actually placed upon the dining table, she watched how her husband filled her plate. Evee watched how he placed it in front of her with much care. "So did you get to make that call with Oliver? For HeartChild?" Harry questioned, meanwhile filling its own plate.

The blonde waited until her husband sat down to start her dinner. "Yes, I talked to him. The hospital in Newcastle wants to enter the programme which is really good news."